baumer

Scott Pilgrim vs The World

38 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I didnt know the comics and didn't even catch it in theaters, but I liked it a lot. That is, I liked the setup, the characters, the style and so on, although the story lost some drive the longer the film continued. With more than 1:50 running time, SP overstays his welcome a bit, this would be a perfect 1:30 or even shorter film.

Went to see it twice in 2010, unfortunately hasn't got back to it since. But what I remember is wildly funny, heartfelt, has a cast of characters to kill for, and is as much a ridiculously underappreciated marvel in terms of visual effects, editing and overall detail as Speed Racer was two years earlier. I really need to go out and get this on Blu-ray.

saw it 3 times, I F***ING Loved this movie. It was creative, different, filled with tons of energy, video game jokes, and just total awesomeness. The effects are really cool, also the music is great, this is the first Soundtrack I went out and bought in probably since Shrek. I'm in lesbians with this movie. A

• Like 1

Right... Only managed to go through the first half a hour of the movie, but then I simply had to stop it. It was an interesting movie until that villain, antagonist, whatever he is, showed up. The fight was alright, but when he started singing, he looked ridiculous, especially with that hair.

I have to say it had quit some good ideas like adding the way the sound is shown in comic books (I know it sounds stupid as I formulated it here, but I really have no idea how to call those). The fight as I said, was alright, but sometimes I simply couldn't ignore how badly the effects were...

I liked the fact that It had comedy, but some scenes went a little bit too far for my liking. This movie seems good, but it's surely not my cup off coffee.

Won't give it a mark since I didn't see the whole movie, but just my opinion.

I think it was a stupid decision from the screenwriter to end the movie with Pilgrim ending up with Ramona instead of Knives. 

I never liked Ramona Flowers, she just came off as kinda apathetic and unlikable. I liked Knives Chau much more, and they should have been the couple in the end imo

I think it was a stupid decision from the screenwriter to end the movie with Pilgrim ending up with Ramona instead of Knives. I never liked Ramona Flowers, she just came off as kinda apathetic and unlikable. I liked Knives Chau much more, and they should have been the couple in the end imo

Dislike
  • Like 1