Impact

Best Actor-2013

Oscar game:Bruce Dern for NebraskaChiwetel Ejiofor for 12 Years a SlaveTom Hanks for Captain PhilipsMatthew McConaughey for Dallas Buyers ClubRobert Redford for All is LostAlt: Christian Bale for American HustleI have not changed these in a while either-seems to be solid.

ok i've now seen all the movies in this category except nebraska 

so my order is 

leonardo di caprio ( really just because i truly do want him to win and it is a great performance )

ejiofor chiwetel (seriously he's that good)

matthew Mc (complex character indeed)

bruce dern 

christian bale (i've seen him so much better elsewhere oh wait in the fighter and he won nuff said)

OK, this'll look stupid in a year. Yay!

Christian Bale - ABSCAM movie

Steve Carrell - Foxcatcher

Bruce Dern - Nebraska

Leonardo DiCaprio - Wolf of Wall Street

Tom Hanks - Saving Mr. Banks

Wow, I got 3/5 on my year in advanced prediction. That's not bad. Didn't know Hanks wasn't a lead there and Carrell could always happen next year, right?

• Like 1

Just got back from Day 1 of the AMC Oscar showcase and after seeing McConaughey, Leo, and Ejiofor's performances back to back to back, I have to say Leo blows them sky high. Was my first time seeing DBC, and while I really liked McConaughey he simply can't compete for me with what Leo did in WoWS. He displays the full spectrum of acting flawlessly from dramatic to comedic to insane. And he's doing so for nearly 3 hours straight! If he doesn't pull an upset and win I believe WoWS will go down in history as the performance he "should" have won for when they finally decide to give him one.

• Like 4

I don't think any of the prognosticators are calling for Leo right now, but he really does blow everyone out of the water.  His performance is one of the best of all time.