baumer

BSG (GAME ON!!)

Way way way too early, but I at least asked Shawn to change the name of the forum back to the Summer name. :)

Edited by baumer
  • Like 2

Again very very early but i have a question for all of u and as many opinions as possible are welcome. Is there anything you would like to see done differently this year? I cant promise any change but i would like your thoughts.

Again very very early but i have a question for all of u and as many opinions as possible are welcome. Is there anything you would like to see done differently this year? I cant promise any change but i would like your thoughts.

Well, honestly, I always found this game to be a little bit too simple overall. I mean in Box Office Alliance and Box Office Survivor you have special games that go differently, write ups, and things like that make the game overall more entertaining. I know that BoA and BoS are different because they are elimination games, but you could do something like, I don't know, depending on the score each week (eg: If I was place 1 this week and CJohn second, the next week we would receive a set of special questions and we would go head to head, the winner receiving a certain amount of points over the other one.). Now... It's just a example that just popped into my mind, but you could add some things like this to spice up the game a bit.

Well, honestly, I always found this game to be a little bit too simple overall. I mean in Box Office Alliance and Box Office Survivor you have special games that go differently, write ups, and things like that make the game overall more entertaining. I know that BoA and BoS are different because they are elimination games, but you could do something like, I don't know, depending on the score each week (eg: If I was place 1 this week and CJohn second, the next week we would receive a set of special questions and we would go head to head, the winner receiving a certain amount of points over the other one.). Now... It's just a example that just popped into my mind, but you could add some things like this to spice up the game a bit.

That's a really good suggestion but it doesn't fit into this game. I like Creator's ideas but I think we are going to keep the H2H Survivor type stuff to those games.But it's a great suggestion, I just don't think it fits here.
  • Like 1

How about also predicting the top 5 lowest grossing films of the summer. (Maybe from a list of say the 50 or whatever highest profile films to be released during the game period?)

Or maybe that's a little too much work involved there :)

• Like 1

I think a points overhaul would be good.  The points structure change for the Winter Game were better but I think they can still be improved a bit.  The difficulty and points didn't quite scale together in previous games, especially for the top 12.

I think a points overhaul would be good.  The points structure change for the Winter Game were better but I think they can still be improved a bit.  The difficulty and points didn't quite scale together in previous games, especially for the top 12.

The top 12 will always be important. The game was built on the top 12. That's why the more accurate you are the more points you get. I might work out a system where you know in advance (like a semester in college) what each category will be worth to your score % wise. But the top 12 will always be worth the most as this game was devised so that people would put up or shut up. :)