I know you didn't mean it the way I'm responding, but I think HTTYD is so overrated. If this turns out to be on HTTYD's level, quality wise, Pixar will have disappointed, IMO.

I think HTTYD is better than half of Pixar's movies, and you won't find a bigger Pixar fan than me. If this ends up anywhere near that level of quality I'll be ecstatic.

Edited by MovieMan89

Trailer (clip?) was decent enough, though I'm finding it a bit hard to get excited over. Basically just her shooting arrows. <_< And furthermore I don't see that do anything to appeal to a kid audience. Still think this will turn out good, though at this point I'm not expecting anything better than a Monsters Inc. Certainly doesn't look up to par with their best, imo.

Trailer (clip?) was decent enough, though I'm finding it a bit hard to get excited over. Basically just her shooting arrows. <_<And furthermore I don't see that do anything to appeal to a kid audience. Still think this will turn out good, though at this point I'm not expecting anything better than a Monsters Inc. Certainly doesn't look up to par with their best, imo.

I don't see the trailer do much to appeal to an adult audience either =/

Contrast this with the early trailers for Tangled, which looked like fun and adventure

I don't see the trailer do much to appeal to an adult audience either =/

Contrast this with the early trailers for Tangled, which looked like fun and adventure

The early Tangled trailers sucked. Brave, even with the mooning joke, is still aiming for more gravitas (i.e. more adult appeal).

Say what you want about the arrow splitting another arrow cliche, but even the Robin Hood movies didn't portray it in as dramatic and tense a fashion as this clip.

Edited by tribefan695

Looks beautiful but the rebellious princess angle still isn't working.

Yeah, I mean, this is beyond an "archetype" now and it's an outright trope.

I mean, what have we got so far?

-Mulan

-HTTYD (yeah, I concede the girl wasn't the lead, but the same dynamic)

-Tangled

-Shrek

I'm sure there are others. It seems like every kids cartoon I glance at has the feisty, no-nonsense girl who can be more physical than the guys, anytime. When I saw the first teaser, I was like, "Dreamworks, all the way. Wait, no!!!"

I get the sense that they're not showing the bulk of the plot yet. Which is good, that's the same strategy they used with TS3 and Cars 2- every trailer went a little further into the movie without outright spoiling it.

That said, I liked this clip, but I don't know, this just feels like a good Dreamworks movie so far.