That is true BK007... BO-wise, i remember people have always predicted that the new original movies would flop... first Ratatoille, then Wall-E and there was even an article that I read about Up flopping.

Here it is actually:

http://www.movie-tho...rst-pixar-flop/

oh never mind, that is about Cars II, but still!

Edited by bestofthebunch

Yea, its true... I remember too, back when Disney Animation Studios wasn't under Lasseter, that they were hoping that internally, many people at the studio were rooting for it to flop, because they had Meet the Robinsons out the same year. We all know how that went haha

Edited by bestofthebunch

Up did have a pretty good marketing campaign, I'll admit. But I don't think Pixar's marketing campaigns as a whole are useful in predicting the quality of a film. All most people are going to remember in the end are the TV spots and maybe the final theatrical trailer.

Edited by tribefan695

It's always better when the battles aren't internal. :)

By the way, have any of you heard reactions to this trailer from folks in "real life" who aren't the typical interweb message board nitpickers yet? It's been 100% positive on my end, with actual excitement of wanting to see it (not the usual "looks good," but no real desire). Dare I say TS3 level excitement?

Up did have a pretty good marketing campaign, I'll admit. But I don't think Pixar's marketing campaigns as a whole are useful in predicting the quality of a film. All most people are going to remember in the end are the TV spots and maybe the final theatrical trailer.

I agree absolutely that Brave's lackluster trailer doesn't reflect the true quality of the movie we'll get, but the trailer pales in comparison to past pixar efforts. Hate all you guys want on their previous trailers, but Rat, Up, Wall-E---they show a memorable character, great ensemble, beautiful world, a perilous adventure and great fun/humor. Where is the "russel" "Eve" or "Linguini" of the movie? Or will Merida have to carry the entire movie on her own pure charisma (which from the tad bit I've seen, I'd say she has)?

Looking forward to trailer number 2.

I'm gonna have to disagree if we're going by internet opinion because I remember having to defend the Ratatouille, WALL*E, and Up trailers quite a bit. Ratatouille was the worst one IMO because I remember all I had was, "but the prescreeners say it's awesome, don't base your opinion on the trailer!"

I honestly cannot see why this one is getting ripped this much. The others, I could sorta understand... This one I really do think actually looks epic. But that's just me.

Anybody else see The Muppets this weekend? How are people reacting to the Brave trailer?

I think Alvin 3 got the biggest reaction among all the trailers shown in mine. I don't think anybody reacted much to Brave... There were some laughs at the scene where the guy pulls his son from behind the big guy but that was it.

Don't think that says anything about how it will do of course (I think I remember the Tangled trailers getting the same treatment?). Just curious what others are saying.

Anybody else see The Muppets this weekend? How are people reacting to the Brave trailer?

I think Alvin 3 got the biggest reaction among all the trailers shown in mine. I don't think anybody reacted much to Brave... There were some laughs at the scene where the guy pulls his son from behind the big guy but that was it.

Don't think that says anything about how it will do of course (I think I remember the Tangled trailers getting the same treatment?). Just curious what others are saying.

I posted this in crowd reports but before the muppets Brave got little to no reaction while chipmunks was eaten up by all the kids... Shame.

I spent the entirety of the Alvin 3 trailer dying inside, so I can't be sure what the audience reaction was in comparison to that; but Brave had some chatter at the end and I remember the girl behind me saying to her parents that it looked cool.