Here’s a rundown of Fandango ticket sales so far this week. Who do you think will win the box office this weekend?

1. Brave - Fandango User Rating: 'I'm In'; 42% of Fandango Sale

2. Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted - Fandango User Rating: 'Go'; 23% of Fandango Sale

3. Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter - Fandango User Rating: 'I'm In'; 4% of Fandango Sale

I find it kind of amusing that these two blurbs were juxtaposed together:

"What is refreshing about Brave is the story's emphasis on the mother-daughter relationship."

"While the mother-daughter clashes may make the story "relatable," they drain it of its mythopoetic potential, turning what could have been a cool postmodern fairy tale into another family melodrama."

What's all this foolishness about Cars 2 being better than Ratatouille ? Is this Bizarro world???

Sorry for having opinions. :(

Seriously though, from 1999-2006, (yes, including the original Cars), I'd walk out of the theater with a lot of Pixar magic, the way I should feel for a Pixar film. I'm normally amazed by them.

Ratatouille... something about it was different. It didn't feel as powerful. It's a great film don't get me wrong. But something about the character development wasn't strong enough for me... perhaps if I gave the film a third or fourth watch (I can't remember how many times I've seen it) maybe I'll realize how fantastic it is.

Wall-E comes along, good film. Up comes along, great film. Toy Story 3 comes along. Best animated film ever. After that I felt like nobody gave Cars 2 a chance just because it was a sequel to the "dreaded" Cars (which I don't know what was so bad about it. The soundtrack gets me every time and at least it has a lot of heart). I saw Cars 2 and it felt just like Cars except stacking on the original character development. There was a lot going on in Mater's backround, a lot more than the first film, and I really liked it.

I can talk for a long time but if there's one thing I know about arguments, it's that they never end. And when they do it's messy. So I'll just end it here by saying my opinion is different than yours and I respect that a lot ;) .

What's all this foolishness about Cars 2 being better than Ratatouille ? Is this Bizarro world???

Ratatouille was underrated in my opinion. The poignant ending was particularly effective (when the food critic samples the titular dish), second only to Monster Inc's ending among Pixar flicks.

I hope I am wrong but Brave may not reach Tangled's gross ($200.3m). The buzz and anticipation just doesn't seem to be there. I don't get the sense that the story/trailers resonate with audiences. I hope I'm wrong like I was with How to Train Your Dragon *fingers crossed*

I hope I am wrong but Brave may not reach Tangled's gross ($200.3m). The buzz and anticipation just doesn't seem to be there. I don't get the sense that the story/trailers resonate with audiences. I hope I'm wrong like I was with How to Train Your Dragon *fingers crossed*

I doubt Brave will be as good as Tangled (and always have). Could it gross more? With Pixar's brand, perhaps. It gets 2 free weeks before real competition arrives, but that competition arrives brutally, with back to back to back TASM, IA4 and TDKR

I doubt Brave will be as good as Tangled (and always have). Could it gross more? With Pixar's brand, perhaps. It gets 2 free weeks before real competition arrives, but that competition arrives brutally, with back to back to back TASM, IA4 and TDKR

I don't think TDKR and Brave are after the same demographic.