Wadey Wilsoney

And it was going so well...

Silver Linings Playbook:

Oh, wow, we're getting a poignant look of people with mental disorders trying to find happiness in life! JK, it's a rom com.

Since I was never completely sold in those two characters as being mental disorders people but handsome people having a low in their otherwise perfect cosy life line like anybody else (Handsome male faced a break-up, beautiful gal dealt with husband's death), the shift didn't really surprised me. In fact, it's an indie romcom from the beginning to the end.

Edited by dashrendar44

Silver Linings Playbook:Oh, wow, we're getting a poignant look of people with mental disorders trying to find happiness in life! JK, it's a rom com.

So you want people with mental disorders not to find love? I still don't get this argument that everyone uses. Are they too crazy to end up with each other?
  • Like 1

So you want people with mental disorders not to find love? I still don't get this argument that everyone uses. Are they too crazy to end up with each other?

It's too fast and abrupt. You never felt like it was the natural, and realistic thing for them to do. It felt like O. Russell went, "The movie's running too long now, but we must have a happy ending so let's just tack on a Disney ending." it ruins the entire fucking movie.I'm not against them ending up together but for that to have been realistic the movie either needed to be reworked or 20-30 minutes longer. Edited by riczhang
  • Like 3

I'll get shit for this, but I think Spirited Away was ruined for me by that fucking No Face. I think the movie just took a really unnecessarily grotesque turn there, and it just made me bummed and grossed out for the rest of the film

I hated the entire thing. And thought the ending was the only kinda decent part of the movie.

The Lost World: Jurassic Park. When the T-Rex rampaged through the streets of San Diego. Spielberg had a massive brain fart when he decided to go that route. It just felt like a desperate attempt at pandering to the crowd... And I'm still not sure how the crew on that cargo ship died. :thinking:

Super 8 belongs in this category too. The first half does a great job building up both the personal drama and the alien thriller elements but the second half was just awful.

LOL I agree with both of your picks.

And I would like to add one of my own. Quills starring Geoffrey Rush, Joaquin Phoenix and Kate Winslet. It was supposed to be a fictionalized account of Marques De Sade a writer back in some century.  It started off so well but the final act just descended into the depths of movie hell with Phoenix character (a priest or monk) performing necrophilia. ugh

I know i'll get some stick for this, but I think Looper falls apart once JGL hits the farm. It was going great before that, but it just stops dead and becomes tedious.

30 million can only go so far, lol. The way it died at the farm house and was reborn as a somewhat different movie made it seem like they started running low on money and had to something low cost.  I agree the first half had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was gonna happen next. 

Crazy Stupid Love!!!

The movie was great until that big fight caused by some stupid misunderstanding involving everyone, then they all went into “It’s over, I don’t wanna talk to you anymore” mode and all the cheesy melodrama started. Suddenly, people realized that would be cool if they talked to each other and clarified the situation, because they are all friends and family anyway and they actually love each other soooo much.

Kinda like the Jack and Jill ending.