Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Its odd, I did not find Jamie taking her sister to be disturbing it was the setting more.

The real world equivalents is like taking your sister in front of your dead son in St. Peter Basilica. 

Lol i literally ROFL when Khalesi Friendzoned Ser Jorah again this episode

Posted Image

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Its odd, I did not find Jamie taking her sister to be disturbing it was the setting more.

The real world equivalents is like taking your sister in front of your dead son in St. Peter Basilica. 

Well the scene is plenty disturbing in the books too but the reason I hate the TV depiction is not the strange and inappropriate setting but just the disregard for Jaime's whole redemption arc. And to be clear, he was always against rape, even as a teenager he voiced his concerns when the Mad King was raping his wife. There are numerous examples of this being a key tenet to his character 

He also saves Tysha from being raped (there was no motive for him to save her as he didn't plan on Tyrion marrying her). He saves Brienne from that fate as well, an action that ultimately costs him his sword hand. And in AFFC he has one of the Mountain's henchmen beheaded for assaulting Pia.

In no way shape or form would he have raped the only women he has ever had any romantic feelings for. What I hate about this is that it will put a blight on Jaime for many show watchers from here on out and cause them to dismiss the wonderful transformative path that he has been on since the end of book/season 2. It just makes no sense for the show's writers to change it and it really hurts the adaptation imo. What, is rough twincest next to the couple's dead son not shocking enough already? Smh...

Btw here is a quote from GRRM on the scene (and how he was not consulted on the change): 

“In the novels, Jaime is not present at Joffrey’s death, and indeed, Cersei has been fearful that he is dead himself, that she has lost both the son and the father/ lover/ brother. And then suddenly Jaime is there before her. Maimed and changed, but Jaime nonetheless. Though the time and place is wildly inappropriate and Cersei is fearful of discovery, she is as hungry for him as he is for her.The whole dynamic is different in the show, where Jaime has been back for weeks at the least, maybe longer, and he and Cersei have been in each other’s company on numerous occasions, often quarreling. The setting is the same, but neither character is in the same place as in the books, which may be why [producers] played the sept out differently. But that’s just my surmise; we never discussed this scene, to the best of my recollection.Also, I was writing the scene from Jaime’s POV, so the reader is inside his head, hearing his thoughts. On the TV show, the camera is necessarily external. You don’t know what anyone is thinking or feeling, just what they are saying and doing.If the show had retained some of Cersei’s dialogue from the books, it might have left a somewhat different impression — but that dialogue was very much shaped by the circumstances of the books, delivered by a woman who is seeing her lover again for the first time after a long while apart during which she feared he was dead. I am not sure it would have worked with the new timeline.That’s really all I can say on this issue. The scene was always intended to be disturbing… but I do regret if it has disturbed people for the wrong reasons.”

Source: comments section from his website http://grrm.livejournal.com/367116.html?thread=19030284

Edited by Kingslayer
  • Like 1

To be honest 

even though its still incest, it would have been better they had sex out of needing each other and such. Like she goes "oh our son and Jame goes I know and they kiss  

why they did makes no sense.

It would have made Jamie even though he is committing incest still just acting on what comforts him most. 

Its always odd, book fans respect and like Jamie, non book fans hate Jamie. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Actually, every single Unsullied I know didn't find it to be a blight on Jaime's redemption arc at all. As far as I can tell, the Unsullied were more bothered by it being beside Joff's body than anything. It's the book readers that are mad at anything else.So, as long as the unsullied don't think it affected what they think of Jaime, it didn't hurt much.

Actually, every single Unsullied I know didn't find it to be a blight on Jaime's redemption arc at all. As far as I can tell, the Unsullied were more bothered by it being beside Joff's body than anything. It's the book readers that are mad at anything else.So, as long as the unsullied don't think it affected what they think of Jaime, it didn't hurt much.

Well even if that's true now I can't see people ultimately embracing a rapist as a true hero down the road which imo is where he is currently headed toward in the books 

If Brienne or Lady Stoneheart don't kill him first

• Like 1

You see the whole reveal over the killing of the Mad King was sort of suppose to make Jamie a hero in audiences eyes, but many I know can't get over pushing Bran and now this rather unneeded scene.

To me I think over time the show was convincing even the Jamie Haters but not anymore. 

To be honest if it was not by the body in a holy place I would not find as bad.I would have more seen it as "dude did not get any action since season 1"

What a demented thing to say. Sorry. @Kingslayer THANK YOU for doing the research. I knew that he had executed a soldier for committing rape but I forgot the details.Writing the scene like this on the show is a complete travesty and insult to his character. It's not even close to the "white washing" of Dany/Cersei/Tyrion or more negative portrayal of Stannis. It's a total decimation of his moral code.
  • Like 1

Whatever happens later on, yeah, I think it's going to be nigh-on impossible for me to completely sympathize with Jaime. He just has way too many black marks already.

Tyrion is the only real rooting interest left. Davos might be if he had more screen time.

Edited by tribefan695

Look I am not justfying rape, but if Jamie randomly had her in the house it would not rank anywhere near as bad as what we saw now. 

Rape is rape, but doing so to a grieving mother in a holy place in front of her son? 

I think everyone felt bad for her. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Whatever happens later on, yeah, I think it's going to be nigh-on impossible for me to completely sympathize with Jaime. He just has way too many black marks already.

Tyrion is the only real rooting interest left. Davos might be if he had more screen time.

Robb you felt for as well and Lady Cat who made some dumb choices was still a women you respected a lot.

Ned is pretty much the most honourable person. He was a fool but he is like a Saint in Comparison to the other people on this show. 

Ha I posted in the book+tv thread what I intended for here lol darn phone history , wasn't paying attention ! Oberyn and his gf sure are modern! Tywin and tommen , loved cersei face during that scene ! Ha! I was more disturb by the fact it was next to their son body , I wonder if that was the actor jack gleeson I mean to have to play dead with those eyes on while his parents go from talking comforting to him taking her by force ok weird and super awkward red alert I admit as a book reader I was surprised cersei hadn't given recently freed and maimed jaime some sweet loving since he came back which he complained about so from his pov here they are in an emotionally volatile situation , she begs him to kill tyrion then she turns to him for comfort , poor guy think he's finally getting some only for her to blow cold on him Eh she's grieving she's entitled to give everybody whiplash That I feel is how he sees it if you're going solely by the show as GRRM says in the book we really delved into the way both twins mind workThat said if her saying no isn't enough surely your dead son body should be more than enough to cool down your endeavour to satisfy your base needs hmmmLol at sir Jorah being friendzoned, he should take heart that she cares for him as a friend and a true advisor better that than status of lover boy Just you wait if cersei sees jaime hanging around brienne , see how quick she's not a rape victim anymore and she'll be stroking his ruffles feathers ! That woman do you remember what she told sansa about a woman's weapon as stannis attack the city

out of curiosity I asked my sis who hasn't read the books

She did feel disturbed by the SCENE but she hates Cersei & Joff & quickly got over this scene. Said that both JC are pretty horrible ppl (she hasnt borgotten Bran so Jaime is more gray negative to her) & she expects nothing good from them generally. 

after rewatching it some more imo the problem is more with the editing & generally the way it was filmed. Shouldnt be that ambiguous. & probbably longer

He is but damn did his accent shift into exaggerated Irish mode last night.

ah thx

I generally wondered if the actors keep their natural accents or adopt some specific ones (except Dink ofc being american he has to)

ratings news! very very happy :wub:

lets see if what happened affected ppl & made some stop watching :mellow:

& gah my usual Sanrion spam

Im gonna miss them so much  :(

Posted ImagePosted Image

hopefully she's going to worry that he's arrested in the next ep

Edited by Tauriel

They've cleaned up Show Tyrion enough so that Sanrion is an actual thing now, like SanSan.  :blink:

It is funny but also weird that all the ships for Sansa throw her at someone at least double her age already (and in the show like three times her age). When someone suggests someone actualy age-appropriate entire legions of online people jump down their throat.

They've cleaned up Show Tyrion enough so that Sanrion is an actual thing now, like SanSan.  :blink:

It is funny but also weird that all the ships for Sansa throw her at someone at least double her age already (and in the show like three times her age). When someone suggests someone actualy age-appropriate entire legions of online people jump down their throat.

Tyrion is actually fairly age appropriate for her considering all of the other matchups in Westeros. What is he like 23-25 years old in the books?