Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

That was an odd choice for the final scene, considering there were three much more "ending-worthy" scenes beforehand.

But oh man, the reader freakouts are going to be hilarious because of the following non-inclusions:

No Lady Stoneheart reveal

No Tysha conversation between Jaime and Tyrion and then Tywin

They also are really slow-playing the Wall storyline. Jon Snow and Crew still have stuff from the third book to get through.

They didn't even have Stannis offer to legitimize Jon as Lord of Winterfell.

Edited by Numbers the One True King
  • Like 1

Dear Sun's Son

The book and the TV show are different things.

Time to realize that.

Edited by Cmasterclay
  • Like 7

That was an odd choice for the final scene, considering there were three much more "ending-worthy" scenes beforehand.

But oh man, the reader freakouts are going to be hilarious because of the following non-inclusions:

No Lady Stoneheart reveal

No Tysha conversation between Jaime and Tyrion and then Tywin

They also are really slow-playing the Wall storyline. Jon Snow and Crew still have stuff from the third book to get through.

They didn't even have Stannis offer to legitimize Jon as Lord of Winterfell.

Yea for me your first two points

(Stoneheart and Tysha)

is what I found mainly missing...also I thought they might sneak in

Jon Snow becoming commander since in the show all of night's watch already follows him

No book spoilers, just tagged for the West Coast peeps

I really loved at the end how

Varys is set to go back to King's Landing, and then when the bells start ringing he gets a "god-fucking damnit Tyrion!" expression on his face and immediately scurries to the ship.

• Like 5

Oh come on. Absolutely nothing to be disappointed about. None of us were sure they'd include the one big thing. Other than that they did a good job.

I had such high expectations no tysha no ls jojen dying the episode was good based entirely on grrm book and additions that d&d out in fell flat and that last scene was awful
  • Like 1

lol yeah, but I remembered today that it was only a thought Tyrion had, it was never said aloud.

Actually in Season 1 Robb says it to the Lannister prisoner he sends back to carry a message to Tywin "We'll find out if Tywin Lannister does shit gold"

I had such high expectations no REDACTED the episode was good based entirely on grrm book and additions that d&d out in fell flat and that last scene was awful

Careful there, saying what's missing is still a spoiler and needs to be tagged (because you're spoiling the book instead of the show there).

Actually in Season 1 Robb says it to the Lannister prisoner he sends back to carry a message to Tywin "We'll find out if Tywin Lannister does shit gold"

Well yeah, but I mean

when he dies Tyrion thinks "ah I guess you don't really shit gold.

Great episode overall, but something felt off about the ending. No big reveals, no surprises, nothing. I don't read the books so I can't say if there are any reveals to be made etc. but the ending felt low-key especially considering the events in the episode.

• Like 2

I'm confused why book readers will be disappointed...I'm sure they are saving stuff for next season.

Only the kind that want every little canon thing no matter how out of place it would be in the show. And there's one thing we all just thought would make a kickass last shot. I'm sure they'll still include it though.