Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

To be specific, he said that Dorne is a mix of Moorish Spain, Palestine, and a bit of Wales tossed in. You could go anywhere from Hispanic to lighter-skinned Arab/israeli/Turkish and be in the right zone.

CEDAR:  I hope they execute the character well because he adds a lot of kinetic and dynamic energy to a particular location.

To be specific, he said that Dorne is a mix of Moorish Spain, Palestine, and a bit of Wales tossed in. You could go anywhere from Hispanic to lighter-skinned Arab/israeli/Turkish and be in the right zone.CEDAR: I hope they execute the character well because he adds a lot of kinetic and dynamic energy to a particular location.

Yep. So why people were wanting/expecting Naveen Andrews or darker is beyond me. The Dornish have quite a range as far as skin color goes, and it says the Martells are olive-skinned.

I'm now in the position of watching Season 3 and wondering whether the new stuff is added in or just pulled forward from 4/5 (Melisandre-Gendry, Theon [does he become POV again later or is this all extrapolated from the implied in B3?]etc).

I think Numbers said Theon's storyline from this season is mostly from book 4

I think Numbers said Theon's storyline from this season is mostly from book 4

Book 5. Aside from a single chapter early on, nothing in Book 4 takes place in the North (since Books 4 and 5 are parallel stories and Book 5 is North-centric).

But most of what we see in Season 3 is either mentioned early in Theon's chapters as backstory exposition or is implied by certain phrases/statements. For example it was a debated topic as to whether Ramsay had castrated Theon or not. Now we know he did.

Speaking of the show, it has been a bit inconsistent in adapting Littlefinger to the screen. But when they get him right, they really fucking get him right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9gINFueof8

Book 5. Aside from a single chapter early on, nothing in Book 4 takes place in the North (since Books 4 and 5 are parallel stories and Book 5 is North-centric).

I've only read the first book (and a bit of the second) so far. How do you find the books stack up to each other? What problems did you have with books four and five, if any?

I've only read the first book (and a bit of the second) so far. How do you find the books stack up to each other? What problems did you have with books four and five, if any?

Book 3 is the best. Books 4 and 5 are a bit weaker than the first three.

Book 4 I think gets unnecessary grumbles about it. There are a few pacing issues and Martin could have condensed some POVs, but the focus of the book is on King's Landing so it's a political intrigue/drama driven book which makes for a nice change of pace after Books 2 and 3 were war and action heavy.

Book 5 could have been the best book of the series, but it has two notable flaws:

The book is unnecessarily padded, particularly for two very major characters who could have had their number of chapters and the length of some of those chapters chopped down.

The result of this padding is that the entire climax of the book ends abruptly with cliffhangers and dangling plot threads, since Martin's editors convinced him to leave about 200 finished manuscript pages for the beginning of the sixth book.

• Like 1

Just watched Red Wedding episode. Ughhhh. :(

Bringing Robb's wife to the wedding just makes it even more brutal.

And it wasn't just that part of the episode that kills me. Rickon and Osha leaving Bran also was surprisingly heavy for me. That girl from Harry Potter is a great actress and I'm glad they expanded Osha's character a bit on the series.

• Like 1

I got bogged down at times during 4 and 5. For me he seemed to kill off interesting characters, the remaining interesting characters got very repetitive in their story lines or they just didn't do much and the new characters just weren't as interesting. Edited by DeeCee