22 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I just rewatched this today. It's a very good movie. The actings are great from everyone, tight script, good direction. The movie did a wonderful job in portraying the theme about identity and the struggle, resentments, conflict that come with it.I rarely see remades living up to originals, but The Departed really brought the game. It managed to capture the tone, and all that made Infernal Affairs a great movie, while also showing viewers its own uniqueness, definitely not being a lesser carbon copy.I gave it an A

Favourite movie of 2006, its one of those long crime films that are re-watchable and never boring, this is why I prefer this and Goodfellas over The Godfather.Ill never understand how Wahlberg was the only cast member to recieve an Oscar nomination from this.A+

Edited by Jessie

Favourite movie of 2006, its one of those long crime films that are re-watchable and never boring, this is why I prefer this and Goodfellas over The Godfather.Ill never understand how Wahlberg was the only cast member to recieve an Oscar nomination from this.A+

You choose this over The Godfather? Pity. If you compare These two movies, The Departed is nothing.

It's very entertaining, possibly Scorsese's best among the movies that made him famous. Dicaprio is surprisingly not annoying and very very good. 

Only major complaint is the frantic editing, the fast cutting style makes me exhausted. Prime example is the sequence where Farmiga just brought some of her stuff to Damon's apartment, about 70 minutes into the movie. It's his second movie to do this, the first was  TA. 75/100

Edited by Goffe