CAYOM Sixth Annual Academy Awards!

11 members have voted

1. 1. What film will win Best Picture?

• 451 (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
  2. 2. What will walk home with the most Oscars?

• 451 (Creator)
    • Avarice (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Cyber (Spaghetti)
    • Last Ditch Effort (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
    • Wicked (Alfred)
    • Other

Ouch...Avarice is being treated like a big blockbuster rather than a quality sci-fi (Avatar-like) film.

I agree with the sentiment about Avarice. Not about the Avatar comment. It wasn't that good. 

• Like 1

I didn't expect Avarice to win a ton of awards.

But ya'll better watch the hell out for Obliteration. One of the 5 most EPIC films of CAYOM 1.0.

Agreed. We will have to see if the newbies agree though

• Like 1

I didn't expect Avarice to win a ton of awards.

But ya'll better watch the hell out for Obliteration. One of the 5 most EPIC films of CAYOM 1.0.

I will. I hope it'll be really good, I haven't really loved either Avarice or Nirvana. 

• Like 1

Pepe: Okay, maybe I won’t make a documentary.

Sandra Bullock: Wait, why?

Pepe: I would never give such a short speech for my own awesomeness *laughter*

Sandra Bullock: I thought that was charming.

Pepe: It felt way too edited down to me.

Sandra Bullock: Hey. What a convenient segway. *laughter* Editing is often considered one of the most important things to making a film the best it can be. Without editing, it could just be a twelve hour movie with six hours of the actors on the toilet. *laughter* Here are the nominees for Best Film Editing:

24 HOURS

CAREFUL LAID PLANS

CYBER

SOCIETY

And the winner is...

CAREFUL LAID PLANS!

*applause as Ethan Coen and Joel Coen head to the page*

Ethan Coen: Unfortunately, Roderick Jaynes could not make it here tonight. *laughter*

Joel Coen: He was stuck ice fishing at the North Pole, and he told us to accept the Award for him! *laughter*

Ethan Coen: He’d like to thank us for giving such great material to work with. *laughter*

Joel Coen: And he’d also like to thank us for writing the script and employing him in the first place. *laughter*

Ethan Coen: In all seriousness, thanks Academy!

Joel Coen: Yes, thank you, Academy!

• Like 3

Well, at least I can pretend that Le Grand Ecran won Foreign film so that I won't say that I left empty handed.  :lol:

You never know. Cyber could win in a few categories. (Like Actor ;) )

• Like 1

Kermit: It’s time for our fourth Best Picture presentation, and we have a great presenter for it. One of Hollywood’s most respected actors, he has won an Academy Award and starred in so many movies, I can’t even think to name a specific one. Please welcome Jeff Bridges! *applause*

Jeff Bridges: I love the Academy Awards. I try to make it here every year to have a good time and take have a few drinks. However, during Prohibition, the only way to get alcoholic beverages was through bootlegging. Careful Laid Plans explores this period with genius script and direction from the Coen Brothers. The film has the most nominees of the night, including four acting nominations. The acting is fantastic and overall, it is one of the best films of the year. Careful Laid Plans, nominated for fifteen Academy Awards including Best Picture. *applause*

*A montage of Careful Laid Plans follows. Applause*

Kermit: Now, we have another special presenter coming up. She’s won two Academy Awards, and she’s played two secret villains in Nolan films. Talk about range! Put your hands together for Marion Cotillard! *applause*

Marion Cotillard: Mr. Cranston said it best when he said a supporting role can overshadow a lead role. I mean, I’m the best actress in all of Nolan’s films. *laughter* What, I am better than Hathaway or Atwell! *laughter* I jest. Here are the nominees for Best Supporting Actor:

JAMES BADGE DALE as INSPECTOR BARRIGAN, a police inspector who tries to take down a criminal empire, in CAREFUL LAID PLANS

LEONARDO DICAPRIO as COLIN ADAMS, the leader of a criminal empire who specializes in bootlegging, in CAREFUL LAID PLANS

JAMES FRANCO as FIYERO, a prince who gets stuck between the love of two witches, in WICKED

GARY OLDMAN as CAPTAIN BEATTY, the head of a firefighting squad that is deeply committed to his beliefs, in 451

AARON PAUL as PATRICK LUCAS, a leading hacktivist who takes a young man under his wings, in CYBER

And the winner is... Ooh.

LEONARDO DICAPRIO FOR CAREFUL LAID PLANS!

*applause as he comes to the stage. There is a standing ovation.*

Leonardo DiCaprio: Thank you all. I’m honored to receive this in such a competitive category, and Gary, I’d just like to say I loved you in 451, the performance of your lifetime. I’d like to thank Ethan and Joel for giving me the direction provided to do so. Their intricate script is what attracted me to the project, and I feel as though it is just a masterpiece. Thank you also to Joseph, Rooney, and James for making this film just be a fantastic film overall. Finally, I’d like to thank my mom, for always supporting me in everything I do. Thank you. *standing ovation*

• Like 1

Oldman was robbed!!!!

Leo's character sorta fades away from Careful Laid Plans without much to it, just suddenly background for the final chunk.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

I do agree. I kinda hoped that James Badge Dale would win. I felt that his part was the bigger and more important of the supporting roles. (It could've been co-lead actually had the film gone the way I originally planned with 2 equal weight parallel story-lines.)

• Like 1

I'M HERE! I'M HERE! ONE HOUR LATE, BUT IT DOESN'T MATTER.

I think I've won two by now, If I'm not mistaken. Thank you very much!^^

Also congratulations everyone else who won by now.

Edited by ChFloppit
  • Like 1

Kermit: We got another song performance right now, and it’s a great nominee! Please welcome Jonsi, performing his song “World of Wonder,” from The Stuff of Legend: Into the Dark!

*Although it is a simple performance, Jonsi sounds amazing. There is a standing ovation.*

Kermit: Next up, we’ve got a scientist, an animal, a tool, and an action star. Please welcome Dr. Bunsen, Animal, Armie Hammer, and Bruce Willis! *applause*

Armie Hammer: Animal, you got better quickly.

Animal: *groans; there is noticeably a huge bandage around his torso*

Dr. Bunsen: Don’t worry, my major bandage scientific technology allows him to feel perfect.

Animal: Animal... feel... sick... *runs off stage screaming; laughter*

Dr. Bunsen: Oh my! *chases after Animal; laughter*

Bruce Willis: That doesn’t sound good at all.

Armie Hammer: You’re telling me. Of course, sound is very important film. We’ll be presenting Best Sound Mixing and Best Sound Editing.

Bruce Willis: Here are the nominees for Best Sound Mixing:

AVARICE

THE CARDINAL IN THE KREMLIN

SOCIETY

TO THE MOON

WICKED

And the winner is...

SOCIETY!

Winner #1: We’d like thank the Academy!

Winner #2: Yeah, and also all of our parents.

Winner #3: And of course, we’d like to thank Sam Mendes for letting work on this fantastic project!

Winners: Thank you!

• Like 1