The Perks of Being a Wallflower VS Silver Linings Playbook

Perks of Being a Wallflower OR Silver Linings Playbook  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Perks of Being a Wallflower OR Silver Linings Playbook

• Perks of Being a Wallflower
    • Silver Linings Playbook

Perks of Being a Wallflower- B+/B

Silver Linings Playbook- B+

Silver Linings by just a hair.  The lame ending notwithstanding, I thought the issues in SLP were just a tad bit more engrained in reality and not as contrived.  Still, both are good films.

Have you guys seen It's Kind of a Funny Story? That shit makes SLP look like a thesis on mental illness. The guy check into a mental hospital after a suicide attempt and a week later he's totally healthy and has managed to hook up with Emma Roberts.

As someone with panic disorder that movie kinda made me angry.

Have you guys seen It's Kind of a Funny Story? That shit makes SLP look like a thesis on mental illness. The guy check into a mental hospital after a suicide attempt and a week later he's totally healthy and has managed to hook up with Emma Roberts.

As someone with panic disorder that movie kinda made me angry.

I've seen it. It's a decent film. Sweet but nothing memorable.

perks easily, it actually moved me :wub:  whereas i watched SLP with this expression the whole time <_<  :rolleyes:

i liked robert de niro and bradley cooper performances in it though but the film itself was ...i just didnt click with it...that's not something you can plan !

Perks all day...

While Silver Linings Playbook was an alright movie, the only performances that were in good in that movie was DeNiro's and Coopers... Bohooo, sue me, I didn't like Lawrence in it and in my opinion, she didn't deserve that god damn Oscar over Riva or Willis. She just won because between the main Oscar contenders at Actress Leading, she was the most known and people naturally voted her ahead of other, more deserving, actresses.

"lol Remember how much Algren fucking hated Perks?"

Don't tell he hated because of the gay characters...

I think looking back to high school especially in the time I went and the movie was set...

This was a really bad thing we all did... We demonized the gays student a lot.

I was much more open about it but all said "hey I think that guy is gay!! lol"

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think Patrick from Perks is the best "Flamboyant gay best friend" stock character I've seen, cause there's so much more to him than the stereotype, unlike say Jack in Will & Grace. Yes, he is a bit flamboyant but he's also a likable and three dimensional character.

Edited by Jack Nevada
  • Like 4