Noctis

The Perks of Being a Wallflower VS Silver Linings Playbook

Perks of Being a Wallflower OR Silver Linings Playbook  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Perks of Being a Wallflower OR Silver Linings Playbook

• Perks of Being a Wallflower
    • Silver Linings Playbook

• Founder / Operator

Saw this over the weekend. One of the best movies from last year. Lerman really impressed me. The entire cast was great, really. Would have loved to see this get some kind of nomination from the Academy (adapted screenplay).

• Like 4

• Founder / Operator

Just realized what thread this was, I thought it was in the RTM board at first. :lol:

I'm not sure if I should pick between the two since I've only seen Perks one time and it might be even better on a second viewing. But...SLP already was. So I'd say I say prefer SLP personally.

• Like 1

You do appreciate Perks with repeat viewings. I start crying during the final scene when Charlie says, "I know that these will all be stories someday, and our pictures will become old photographs. We will all become somebody's mom and dad."

Gut-wrenching. 

• Like 3

It's as close to a John Hughes film as you will get in this day.

Not to poo-poo Hughes' work (I love those movies too), but it's nice to see a great high school movie without awkward racism in it. Remember Sixteen Candles? They played a gong whenever Long Duk Dong showed up.  :lol:

• Like 4

Not to poo-poo Hughes' work (I love those movies too), but it's nice to see a great high school movie without awkward racism in it. Remember Sixteen Candles? They played a gong whenever Long Duk Dong showed up.  :lol:

I dnot remember there being any racism in Breakfast Club? 

Yes, I'll admit that was bad and wouldn't be allowed today, but it was also funny as hell. Sometimes things that can be construed as racism are really just playful and not meant in a mean way. Sixteen Candles is one of those times.

Perks, since it made me feel emotionally drained after watching it and that had hardly happened to me before.Couldn't take my shit back together for days.Also loved SLP, but that one didn't have an emotional impact on me as the Perks.

I know everybody says that Perks made them feel more, but as a single man who has suffered from OCD his whole life and has been troubled with relationships recently, I've never, ever felt more of a personal connection to a movie than SLP. So, that's my answer. 

• Like 1