Impact

Animated Feature-2013

16 I believe. Also, The Smurfs and Alvin 3 were both successfully submitted in 2011, they were on the longlist of 18 films. So Smurfs 2 will most likely be eligible too.

I imagine The Smurfs 2 will be submitted but I think the hybrids are only submitted to boost the chances for a studio to get one of their animated films nominated.

I don't really see how Monsters University doesn't win this. The animation was gorgeous, the voice acting and score were excellent, it had a solid story and it's a Pixar film. If Brave can win, I see no reason this film shouldn't. The only thing I can see holding it back is that its predecessor didn't win, one of the few Pixar films that didn't.

Edited by jaredm2012
  • Like 2

I don't really see how Monsters University doesn't win this. The animation was gorgeous, the voice acting and score were excellent, it had a solid story and it's a Pixar film. If Brave can win, I see no reason this film shouldn't. The only thing I can see holding it back is that its predecessor didn't win, one of the few Pixar films that didn't.

Actually, I would say that would help it, since a lot of people nowadays think MI should've beat Shrek. Could be compensating for that "snub."

You guys that are saying that your surprised Monsters Inc didn't win need to go back to 2001. Shrek was EVERYWHERE. It was doing really well, there was no way it would lose the Oscar. It had amazing reviews, it was hip and original at the time.

You guys that are saying that your surprised Monsters Inc didn't win need to go back to 2001. Shrek was EVERYWHERE. It was doing really well, there was no way it would lose the Oscar. It had amazing reviews, it was hip and original at the time.

That's why I said "nowadays." And honestly, Monsters, Inc. is probably the most original animated movie ever, period. Not trying to be hyperbolic, but the sheer creativity of the Monsters world along with the ideas of screams for energy is insane. I rewatched MI last week and my mind was actually blown on how creative and sophisticated it was for the time.

That's why I said "nowadays." And honestly, Monsters, Inc. is probably the most original animated movie ever, period. Not trying to be hyperbolic, but the sheer creativity of the Monsters world along with the ideas of screams for energy is insane. I rewatched MI last week and my mind was actually blown on how creative and sophisticated it was for the time.

Opinions like you said I really didnt get into MI probably why I didn't love MU
  • Like 1

Opinions like you said I really didnt get into MI probably why I didn't love MU

I understand opinions, but you can't say MI isn't creative The creativity in MI is crazy. I understand the basic idea of "monsters are afraid of kids, but have to scare them since it's their job" isn't that creative, but the idea of making screams energy and thus having an energy crisis thanks to children growing up faster is insane, I have no idea how they came up with it. Also the fact that the two main characters in their mid-30s at the youngest and working in what is essentially a power plant is sophisticated for 2001. Love MI

I understand opinions, but you can't say MI isn't creative The creativity in MI is crazy. I understand the basic idea of "monsters are afraid of kids, but have to scare them since it's their job" isn't that creative, but the idea of making screams energy and thus having an energy crisis thanks to children growing up faster is insane, I have no idea how they came up with it. Also the fact that the two main characters in their mid-30s at the youngest and working in what is essentially a power plant is sophisticated for 2001. Love MI

I like it there are just pixar movies I prefer more. Its all about preference