CAYOM Year 7 Discussion

... I don't understand this...

I'm reading films as they're being posted (well not really, but trying. I've lagged behind already) so that come April/May I won't have to read all the films in a short period of time as I won't have time for that. Just issued a huge pan.

It should be a fun comparison between Freddy Zapper & Miserable Fans.

I'm slightly surprised Numbers or another veteran hasn't said that Miserable Fans can't be released; it's technically an adaptation of a very recent film... Perhaps parodies work otherwise?

You can basically ignore White Death when it comes to the Christmas schedule. It will be playing in less than a dozen theatres, will be the first CAYOM 2.0 film I think to go wide in January. So it's basically a Y8 film that can be submitted for the Y7 Oscar  ;)

You can basically ignore White Death when it comes to the Christmas schedule. It will be playing in less than a dozen theatres, will be the first CAYOM 2.0 film I think to go wide in January. So it's basically a Y8 film that can be submitted for the Y7 Oscar  ;)

Yeah, technically it will the first since TMF goes wide New Year's weekend.

• Like 1

I am leaving it on June 3rd

Why? There's nothing on June 9th now that Gargoyles is moving, and Existence should still be going strong on its second weekend.

I think it's in you're best interest to move it.

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Posted Image

4815162342, on 27 Mar 2013 - 20:27, said:And it'll get no audience because of Where? the previous weekend but okayI changed it to a live-action Edgar Wright comedy. That's what it was originally intentioned to be anyway...

Spark 2 and Life After Death have almost nothing in common, they won't affect one another.

It doesn't matter. Spark 2 is bound to be a universally appealing movie, so it'll have a domino effect and cause Life After Death to debut below expectations.

Blankments Into Darkness, on 27 Mar 2013 - 20:52, said:4815162342, on 27 Mar 2013 - 20:27, said:And it'll get no audience because of Where? the previous weekend but okayI changed it to a live-action Edgar Wright comedy. That's what it was originally intentioned to be anyway...Yeah, if I was keeping it animated, I wouldn't move it anywhere near Where?. That movie's gonna be huge.

It doesn't matter. Spark 2 is bound to be a universally appealing movie, so it'll have a domino effect and cause Life After Death to debut below expectations.

The first Spark did 135 million domestic. The sequel ain't exactly gonna set the world on fire.

Spark 2 and Life After Death have almost nothing in common, they won't affect one another.

I don't want to be by Chrono Heist which will definitely hurt Life After Death. Life After Death is a Ron Howard religious themed PG-13 action thriller (Angels and Demons/Da Vinci Code are a close comparison), which centers around the idea of when people "die" brief what do they see on the on the "other side" and is there a heaven and hell or is there nothing at all. It is actually a very interesting premise I think. Sadly it won't be very long or detailed or going for awards but it will be good enough to earn potential tent pole status I think. 40-50M should be its opening weekend I am guessing off the top of my head. 

Basically Spark 2 will not hurt Life After Death and vis versa.