CAYOM Year 7 Discussion

Alpha, stop telling Hunch, a CAYOM 1.0 veteran who has made loads of big hits, how to make his film.

This is true... I'm very excited to read it; big sci-fi fan here, and I haven't read a Hunch film yet. :)

The scope I have in mind is huge, bigger than most sci-fi films...but I guess it's "smaller" in the sense that it's not a Star Wars-esque adventure.

Edited by Hunch

Besides, box office is not as judgmental of a movie's quality as some people consider it to be.

Like how Cloud Atlas bombed with just something in the high-20s, and yet people claim it's one of the best films of 2012. 

Just remember Alpha what you said last year about Society

I think Society is gonna bomb. Honestly. It's a Cloud Atlas-type movie, except about teenagers. The pessimistic source material and R-rated content is going to keep high schoolers away from Society, and adults may not be interested in seeing teenagers drinking and partying like in Jersey Shore.OW: $12MFG: $40MOS: $97MWW: $137M

Don't judge a film until it is released and the reviews are in. 

Society did 26.2M opening weekend for the record

Edited by Hiccup

Wow, a Lars von Trier film Hunch, I can't wait to read that! It's my most anticipated film of Y7 alonside Creator's Lynch film and Number's QT film.

This will be the strongest year in CAYOM for foreign films. Innocense, La Plaisir, Faux, plus now Lars von Trier, I hope I'll have time to do the Winter War properly.

• Like 1

You could change the title to something else, since it sounds too much like a Les Miz parody (which it actually is, but it'd be more accessible).

This is true, but I can't think of any other title. :lol:

Wow, a Lars von Trier film Hunch, I can't wait to read that! It's my most anticipated film of Y7 alonside Creator's Lynch film and Number's QT film.

This will be the strongest year in CAYOM for foreign films. Innocense, La Plaisir, Faux, plus now Lars von Trier, I hope I'll have time to do the Winter War properly.

Oh no, the Lars Von Trier film will be in English. 

The foreign film is another one that hopefully I'll have time for as well.

I just read something so fucking absurd, stupid, and god-knows-what the writer was thinking, but it was so good. 

Funny you mention that, there's a film I just posted I'm dying to see your reaction to. ;)