baumer

BSG KITIK WINS!!

very much like that idea, along with scaled point rewards. For example (just throwing out numbers):

If within 20m or 15% of the gross, you get 10,000 pts.

If within 10m or 10% of the gross, you get 20,000 pts.

If within 5m or 5% of the gross, you get 40,000 pts.

If within 1m or 1% of the gross, you get 200,000 pts.

That's perfectly scaled (relative to the gross, not the percentage persay), so maybe something more reasonable like 100,000 pts for being within 1m of the gross. But it's just an example.

Love this

• Founder / Operator

So Shawn. Basically we could answer the Pre season questions and not play weekly and still possibly win the game?I'm down.

:lol:

Well, there should be some fine-tuning with that system. But it would kinda put even more emphasis on the pre-seasons which is consistent with what Baumer has always said he prefers the game to be about (top 12/top 15 predictions).

His game though, so, his call.

• Like 1

I think a lot of us could be screwed on the Wolvie question 15A. There's no numbers for international BO yet, but it looks like Wolvie will, or could do less than Origins in both UK and Australia base on OD numbers that Rth posted. The BO of UK is in pretty bad shape right now too cause of the hot weather.

I think a lot of us could be screwed on the Wolvie question 15A. There's no numbers for international BO yet, but it looks like Wolvie will, or could do less than Origins in both UK and Australia base on OD numbers that Rth posted. The BO of UK is in pretty bad shape right now too cause of the hot weather.

I answered no.   :P

Edited by Tower

I answered no.   :P

Go to hell then  :P

I wait for official numbers before saying anything, but well, if it turns out The Wolverine can't match Origins in those 2 markets (B did set a lower goal, 39.5M total iirc), then it's a good thing a lot of players are screwed, not just me  :lol:  :P 

I hope it's not the case of course, maybe it will recover from ODs, in Australia at least, cause UK is not looking very bright right now for many movies, not just Wolvie.

Rth reporting 18.7 on Saturday. Looks like all the risk-takers are losing points again this week.

Nope.

The question clearly states: Will Wolverine increase on Saturday (Taking away Thursday number).

That means that Friday accounts for 17M which means that Saturday increased.

• Like 2

Nope.

The question clearly states: Will Wolverine increase on Saturday (Taking away Thursday number).

That means that Friday accounts for 17M which means that Saturday increased.

Yeah, but the only remaining players all said NO.

You said YES, but you already got the first one wrong about the cinemascore.

Yeah, but the only remaining players all said NO.

You said YES, but you already got the first one wrong about the cinemascore.

Oh the cinemascore was already announced?FUCK.

• Like 1

YEs and force everybody in the top 30 to take part.

What? If that happened I may be able to surge my way into 28th place and be a mere 287,000 points off the lead.

But the ones who already participated to have a bonus to abstain.

• Like 1

It could work like....Top 5 Bonus 3: Gain 5,000 PTS, Lose 15,000 PTS 6-10 Bonus 3: Gain 10,000Pts, Lose 15,000 PTS10-20 Bonus 3: Gain 15,000 PTS, Lose 10,000 PTS21-30 Bonus 3: Gain 20,000 PTS, Lose 5,000 PTS31+ Bonus 3: Gain 30,000 PTS, Lose 5,000 PTSEvery rank has different questions. Obviously top 10 should get easier questions since they have more to lose.Either way, top players should be Forced to take risks.

Edited by #ED
  • Like 1

It could work like....Top 5 Bonus 3: Gain 5,000 PTS, Lose 15,000 PTS 6-10 Bonus 3: Gain 10,000Pts, Lose 15,000 PTS10-20 Bonus 3: Gain 15,000 PTS, Lose 10,000 PTS21-30 Bonus 3: Gain 20,000 PTS, Lose 5,000 PTS31+ Bonus 3: Gain 30,000 PTS, Lose 5,000 PTSEvery rank has different questions. Obviously top 10 should get easier questions since they have more to lose.Either way, top players should be Forced to take risks.

Why? This isn't the NFL Draft, why should people be punished for being ranked high?
  • Like 2