Insane hold for Unbeatable, it stayed flat on Sunday fron last Sunday despite it lost 10% of screenings.

11-day total now is 21.91M hkd( $2.82M)

The Mortal Instruments City of Bones 4-day OW 5.48M hk($700k)

White House Down 3.43M hk($440k)

Planes 3.95M hk($509k)

Percy Jackson 2 13.16M($1.7M)

Kick-ass 2 4.13M hk ($530k)

MU 77.10M($9.94M)

Great for MU. 

That's not bad for Mortal Instruments, is it? 

:) Bluebomb was right, MUis making $10M.

Awesome. It'll likely remain the No.2 Hollywood movies of the year in HK. At the moment, I don't see any future releases that can challenge it. IM3 is No.1, MU is No.2; that sounds very good to me :)
  • Like 1

77.32M hkd, should end up 77.6M.A tiny bit over $10M.

Awesome. Yay for 2nd biggest Pixar movie in HK. If only Pixar movies can be as successful in China as they are (mostly) in HK.Thanks Olive :)I miss Bluebomb, I wonder how he is. He just disappeared without a word. I remember that he took time off from the forum before, but he announced it beforehand. I hope everything is okay.

Awesome. Yay for 2nd biggest Pixar movie in HK. If only Pixar movies can be as successful in China as they are (mostly) in HK.Thanks Olive :)I miss Bluebomb, I wonder how he is. He just disappeared without a word. I remember that he took time off from the forum before, but he announced it beforehand. I hope everything is okay.

No problem, my English is not as good as his, so I'll give random updates here.

I hope Bluebomb will come back soon.

A note about Monsters University: I believe it has already passed 10m. If you look at its total after its 4th weekend, it had accumulated $9.31m. The problem with that number, however, is that by July 31, it had made 8.938m. If you add on the $476,000 reported by BOM, its total after the August 1 would be at $9.414m signifying that $103,000 has disappeared from Monsters University's total. I'm not sure if it's a simple clerical error or something more sinister perhaps (fudging?) but in my eyes, it has already passed 10m. It should stand at 10.75m after this weekend.

One Direction 54k HKD, less than $10k :lol:

I don't know why you are laughing because that is a very good weekend total. The One Direction movie only got limited showtimes at a handful of engagements. Theaters actually had to add showtimes due to the strong demand.

Unbeatable has been doing spectacular numbers so far but the close battle for #1 last week was a pivotal week for Unbeatable. If it successfully defended #1 for the fifth week in a row, it will have been the only film since Avatar to reign on top for more than 4 weeks. No other film in at least a decade has achieved this feat. Unfortunately for Unbeatable, The Stolen Years won Sunday and can successfully claim victory over Unbeatable if you include the sneaks it got. Also, official weekend numbers are never published so we won't know who the victor really was. Still, the fact that a boxing movie could and will take down the much hyped Cold War from last year is a magnificent accomplishment.

The Way We Dance is also another eye opener. It will supersede a 10 multiplier and 2m total is looking pretty good with holidays coming up.
  • Like 5

New poll up.

Thor 2 has already passed Thor's opening day and opening Friday admissions. It is looking at a 1.7-1.8m opening weekend. Fantastic. Can't wait to see this tomorrow. 4.5m is happening although Ender's Game will try and cut into Thor 2's gross next week.Rigor Mortis is doing extremely well. It could find its way to just over 2m when the dust settles. Captain Phillips is doing pretty good as well. It could finish with about 1.5-1.6m.
  • Like 8