A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

Guess they're back to doing re-shoots then. Damn I hope this is just some added footage and not anything to do with the VFX issue. 3 months is enough time to add in some footage but it seems very last minute if this is to replace unusable MOVA shots.

PS - Pure speculation, but by her looks she could be Jen's body double.

Edited by JennaJ

19 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Guess they're back to doing re-shoots then. Damn I hope this is just some added footage and not anything to do with the VFX issue. 3 months is enough time to add in some footage but it seems very last minute if this is to replace unusable MOVA shots.

PS - Pure speculation, but by her looks she could be Jen's body double.

Well, I'm thinking they first shot anything they needed for the trailer and got that out, and now are finishing up.  I have a picture of Jen's body double somewhere, I may have posted it earlier in this thread.  I'll check.  I doubt it is her, though, because she would have been very used to being on the set with those three and I can't see her tweeting that out like that.  Besides, I think she is the same body double Jen used for Hunger Games and XMen, so working with Jen would just be another day at the office.

I am now not so much hoping as expecting the trailer will be out with Mag 7.  It is starting to have a momentum and feeling of inevitability to it. 

One thing I didn't mention because I had no idea if it meant anything, is that a month ago some guy who works at a theater tweeted that the 'future line up' had come and didn't include Passengers any more.  Today he tweeted that a new line up had come out and Passengers is at its original date. 

I'm not worried, I'm getting excited!

Edited by trifle
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, trifle said:

Well, I'm thinking they first shot anything they needed for the trailer and got that out, and now are finishing up.  I have a picture of Jen's body double somewhere, I may have posted it earlier in this thread.  I'll check.  I doubt it is her, though, because she would have been very used to being on the set with those three and I can't see her tweeting that out like that.  Besides, I think she is the same body double Jen used for Hunger Games and XMen, so working with Jen would just be another day at the office.

I am now not so much hoping as expecting the trailer will be out with Mag 7.  It is starting to have a momentum and feeling of inevitability to it. 

One thing I didn't mention because I had no idea if it meant anything, is that a month ago some guy who works at a theater tweeted that the 'future line up' had come and didn't include Passengers any more.  Today he tweeted that a new line up had come out and Passengers is at its original date. 

I'm not worried, I'm getting excited!

Oh it's definitely coming out on time at this point, and I absolutely believe we'll get the trailer shortly.

We do know it's complete already, after all, it's not like they're still waiting for VFX shots to put in it.

My only concern, and I guess it'll remain that way until we start getting reviews, is what this VFX issue means for the final movie.

I just don't want a "what could have been" scenario with this movie. I don't want the VFX to look rushed or force changes because they had to pull a last minute switch. 

But yeah, these worries are not something that's likely to get answered anytime soon so I'll just let it go and hope the trailer comes out soon and blows me away.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, trifle said:

Here's Jen with her body double after the wrap party, I don't think it is the same person:

CZ_kB8hVIAAuEtF.jpg

Her name's is Christine Crais and this is the original pic 

Mmmm... reshooting in LA and Renae Moneymaker (action double) is also there, I'm curious now.

Beyoncé concert last night at #dodgerstadium was epic!!!! #Beyoncé you are flawless!!!!!!

Una foto publicada por Renae Moneymaker (@nae_z_may) el

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, A District 3 Engineer said:

Her name's is Christine Crais and this is the original pic 

Mmmm... reshooting in LA and Renae Moneymaker (action double) is also there, I'm curious now.

All it shows is that they are well staffed up for whatever they need to do!  :P

But thanks for those, I didn't know that.

20 minutes ago, antovolk said:

Tne trailer is finally REAL

I was just coming to post that!  I'll post this anyhow because it gives the length (2 1/2 minutes)!

Edited by trifle

6 minutes ago, babz06 said:

Over 2 min? Long trailer

2 minutes ago, Jayhawk said:

Well, they kinda have to forgo a teaser at this point.

This.  Also, they could have put out two by now -- maybe they just put them together into a longer one.