A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Pratt in jeans, a checked shirt and um brown suede - Paris must be horrified. :lol:

That picture is misleading; it was from CinemaCon in Las Vegas in April.  It is just being used as a 'stock' Passengers promo shot, I guess.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Giesi said:

Well @trifle, you're doing a better job promoting this movie than Sony's marketing department, that's for sure!

Yup, Sony is really sucking at this.

It's a good thing we're about to start the actual promo tour because I need all the charm I can get from Chris and Jen to make me excited for this again.

It feels like Sony is just repeatedly dropping the ball and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to this movie.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JennaJ said:

Yup, Sony is really sucking at this.

It's a good thing we're about to start the actual promo tour because I need all the charm I can get from Chris and Jen to make me excited for this again.

It feels like Sony is just repeatedly dropping the ball and it makes me sad because I was so looking forward to this movie.

Just out of curiosity, is there anything in particular that's made you less excited for it? I'm still very much looking forward to it, and I think it's going to be great, but the emphasis on the action and Big Explosions in the second trailer + tv spots is making me a bit apprehensive.

(Also, hi, I'm new!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, amelin said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anything in particular that's made you less excited for it? I'm still very much looking forward to it, and I think it's going to be great, but the emphasis on the action and Big Explosions in the second trailer + tv spots is making me a bit apprehensive.

(Also, hi, I'm new!)

Welcome to the forums!!

Anyways, and this is just my opinion, but Somy has seemed to do very little to promote this big tentpole they have, which could mean nothing or it could be lack of confidence. Either way, a lot of us really just want the marketing to feel like it's actually a film the company cares about.

• Like 2

Thanks!

Yeah, I can see why you feel that way. I agree that the marketing has been pretty lackluster. I guess it just doesn't bum me out too much because I'm still pretty confident in the movie. I really want it to do well but at the end of the day I'm happy as long as I like it.

Edited by amelin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, amelin said:

(Also, hi, I'm new!)

Welcome! I am excited abouth it too!

11 hours ago, DAJK said:

Welcome to the forums!!

Anyways, and this is just my opinion, but Somy has seemed to do very little to promote this big tentpole they have, which could mean nothing or it could be lack of confidence. Either way, a lot of us really just want the marketing to feel like it's actually a film the company cares about.

They are doing quite a bit overseas, and did run commercials during the World Series and during the election results.  They aren't sparing cost as far as I can tell, I just think they are bad at it, domestically.  Sony's foreign affiliates seem much more on the ball.

Below is a 'First Date' clip in the spoiler tag, I am not watching any more because I want it to be fresh in the movie, but if you want to see it, here it is.

Spoiler

Edited by trifle
  • Like 3