A Marvel Fanboy

Passengers | Chris Pratt, Jennifer Lawrence | Dec 21, 2016 | Trailer pg 70

1 hour ago, Chewy said:

Since we're ascribing things to Tele today I hear he hated the first Matrix (called it "unmitigated garbage") but loves the sequels

What Tele hated GOTG and the first Matrix ?

:sadben:

(Also Tele Hated Kiss Kiss Bang bang, doesn't see the appeal in Shane Black's movies and think The Nice Guys was missing a shenanigan)

• Like 4

• Community Manager

I honestly don't understand why people are acting like Telemachos actually liked Guardians of the Galaxy with all of this snark. Did people already forget his rants including against I think Blue Michael Rooker? He was not a fan of the movie.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I miss funny, fat Chris Pratt

He's still funny though. Being funny is not actually something you shed along with the pounds.

Parks and Rec is off the air and while he was overweight he got supporting roles in Delivery Man and Five Year Engagement. I'll take fit Pratt and his movie roles anyday.

Edited by JennaJ

2 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

He's still funny though. Being funny is not actually somthing you shed along with the pounds.

Ehhhhh, that can be argued. But I still think it's a shame he's becoming another Generically Charming Lead Dude after Jurassic World and this. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

Ehhhhh, that can be argued. But I still think it's a shame he's becoming another Generically Charming Lead Dude after Jurassic World and this. 

I found him funnier in GotG than in anything he did in film previously. IDK what weight has to do with it.

Andy Dwyer was awesome, but that show has eneded. How many great movie roles are there for overweight funny guys? Most of them seem to be taken already by the guy in your icon. 

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

Just now, JennaJ said:

I found him funnier in GotG than in anything he did in film previously. IDK what weight has to do with it.

Andy Dwyer was awesome, but that show has eneded. How many great movie roles are there for overweight funny guys? 

I'm not saying he should literally get fat again. My main issue is with his increasingly dull screen presence. We have enough handsome white dudes in Hollywood already.

6 minutes ago, Jack Nevada said:

I'm not saying he should literally get fat again. My main issue is with his increasingly dull screen presence. We have enough handsome white dudes in Hollywood already.

I don't see dull screen presence in this trailer, but to each their own. I get that some people have trouble taking him seriously, and some would just like to shove him back into his previous box as the funny fat dude.

As long as he's doing well in the roles he takes, I doubt that's gonna happen.

JW had its issues - a bad script at the top of them. GotG was an awesome movie. Pratt was fit in both of them. This isn't about his weight or his humor, it's about how good the movies are.

Edited by JennaJ
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I don't know. I buy J-Law liking Chris Pratt. I don't buy Chris Pratt liking J-Law. I don't know why.

The actual movie looks okay. Nothing special.

From what I've heard from someone who's been in contact with both of them, that's probably spot on.

Pratt is supposed to be a great guy.  Very untypical in Hollywood.  

JLaw is a completely different person from the nice girl who made Winter's Bone.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JennaJ said:

I don't see dull screen presence in this trailer, but to each their own. I get that some people have trouble taking him seriously, and some would just like to shove him back into his previous box as the funny fat dude.

As long as he's doing well in the roles he takes, I doubt that's gonna happen.

There is middle ground between Funny Fat Dude and Generic Leading Man. I mean look at Jonah Hill, he's been super fat and skinny and sort of fat and he's always giving interesting performances.

13 minutes ago, JennaJ said:

Andy Dwyer was awesome, but that show has eneded. How many great movie roles are there for overweight funny guys? Most of them seem to be taken already by the guy in your icon. 

Nah. He was funniest in What's My Number and in Wanted. He's a natural. Some of that stuff in Guardians was kind of corny to me.