CAYOM YEAR 1: Film Discussion

Oh, Numbers wants to challenge Icarus. Leave it open for him, this should be funz. :)

I'm going to use an old CAYOM film for the spot since it's a big blockbuster date and some good counter-programming is needed. This film is definitely a totally different demo-attracter than Wings of Icarus. :PAnd it better succeed, so this time Impact's dreams of seeing Mecha-Hitler in the future aren't crushed. B)

I might move The Neighbourhood up to November 18th

Since November 18th now has a 2nd major film that isn't necessary (plus that would put two major animated films on the same weekend). How about this:You flip The Neighborhood with your Frankenstein film on November 11th.

So, now that Part 1 is over and Part 2 is beginning, might be time to start talking about our impressions of the year.There are a few strong BP contenders I think. Not surprisingly one of them is Chronicle, which won BP Year 45 in CAYOM 1.0. But can Frank get a double win for it? Not sure since a few people are gunning for it with some heavyweight contenders.

Edited by 4815162342

I don't know, it seems unfair to be nominating films from CAYOM a right now. But whatever.(Pandemic and Machine Stops? Really? They were not that great of films to start with and they are back)So 48, what will be number one this year?

I don't know, it seems unfair to be nominating films from CAYOM a right now. But whatever.(Pandemic and Machine Stops? Really? They were not that great of films to start with and they are back)So 48, what will be number one this year?

Who said they are going to be Oscar contenders?

As fillers they serve their purpose.#1 at the BO will be tough since we're starting from scratch. My best guess is either Vesta (as an epic sci-fi with summer legs), Wings of Icarus (as the animated smash with holiday legs), or The Morrow (as the sci-fi exploder with a big opening and holiday legs)