CAYOM YEAR 1: Film Discussion

Oh okay. I barley remember the show. So I guess that is why I didn't notice.If it was based off the show it be intersting, but it wouldn't do that well, what do you think WB?Also Hired Guns-is that in the running for picture? You probably figured I like that film.

• Community Manager

If it was based off the show it be intersting, but it wouldn't do that well, what do you think WB?

It would depend on the marketing, honestly. If it went only for the show's fans, then not that well.

Looking over the films/predicts of this year, people seem to be forgetting that this is a new CAYOM, meaning none of it happened. Thing is that we have to go over what has happened in real life.For example:M. Night would never have a 50M OW now.Animated sci-fis just don't hit the spot with people.(well niether do video game films)So yeah, just because they were a hit in CAYOM a, remember that.

Animated sci-fis just don't hit the spot with people.

Actually The End of the Universe did about the same in CAYOM 1.0 as the average of the predictions so far (mid-high 30s opening) so that film will probably end up near the same as CAYOM.It's a hard sell I agree but I think since this is an alternate universe we can skew a little more friendly to films that are good.

So what's the chance of an animated BP nominee? Wings of Icarus and End of the Universe are tearing up the charts and will both finish comfortably in the top ten. Chronicle, And The Band Played On, and Rapture seem like BP shoo-ins at this point so there are two spots that could easily be filled by an animated film (and probably Morrow)

Yeah, obvously. But since this is our own universe we can give such meritorious films closer to the BO they deserve.I don't expect big numbers from it because some of that bias/etc has to stay in the game initially, but the idea is that you have to start somewhere and films like that that do okay and are received great will eliminate that bias so they can then later do even better.