Iron Man 3 (2013)  

144 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

sorry but this was a huge disappointment! As bad as Spider-Man 3, maybe even a little worse

The Mandarin was a total joke. I keep hearing all this praise for Kingsley in this. Why? He was barely in the movie. It was so obvious he wasn't the main bad guy. I thought Kingsley Mandarin would be an awesome villain before the reveal, but no Kingsley Mandarin was lame too. And yes, I think making the guy the way he was in the original stories would have been way better than than this "Hilarious" twist. 

seriously, all the hype from the filmmakers about how he was going to be Iron Man's ultimate enemy, how he was going to tie in with the Ten Rings group from the first movie, all went to waste.

I hear some people saying this movie was better than Avengers or the action rivaled Avengers. I have to say, are you shitting me? I mean you have to be being paid off or something to say that, there is nothing in this movie that rivals the New York battle in Avengers.

This movie is way too comedic and jokey. I understand the people who say "Oh, superhero movies shouldn't take themselves too seriously". But this movie just went way way too far. The entire movie was a joke, it was a flat out comedy. Do you have to have wisecracks in like every scene? I can't wait for Man of Steel now because I welcome a superhero movie that takes itself seriously and doesn't feel the need to be so goofy. Hell even Wolverine looks better. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up the worst of the superhero movies of 2013. 

This movie was slightly better than IM2, but barely, it was pretty much the same kind of movie. This was a big disappointment from Marvel IMO. 

oh and like Spider-Man 3, the trailer was WAY better than the actual movie. 

That's exactly how I feel.

This movie seriously sucks. I'm getting mad at its success. Avengers deserved its success (though it pains me as I was rooting for THG as #1 dom 2012). But iM3. Just no. It's not gonna be looked at as much better than IM2 in future years. Nothing happens! At all!

Agree. I'm not against Marvel but honestly now thanks to Avengers it looks like they can spit anything out and it will successful
  • Like 6

Looking back honestly, this really wasn't better than IM2. Other than maybe the climax which was more exciting, it suffered from pretty much the exact same problems. Way too much comedy and jokiness and "banter" and weak villain with lame motivation. This is a shame because I really thought they would learn from their mistakes but they didn't really

Edited by Robert Muldoon
  • Like 4

Gee?? For someone who hates MARVEL movies so much like you and who refuses to pay to see them much less see them PERIOD, you sure do have an awful lot on your plate question wise about this, of course for someone who doesn't give a fuck?? And while your picking apart IM3 and it's discrepancies, tell me how on earth in TDK did they back a fucking school bus into the side of the bank in the beginning to begin loading all the $$$ and no one hears anything on the outside, no one calls 911 given that cell phones play a huge part in this movie, NOTHING??? :popcorn: 

well you had a lot of questions about TDKR. Alot of the guys here answered your questions. Think its only fair if you try and answer squaremasters abouts Iron man 3

It's never boring, and I was really wanting it to find its mark. In the end, I found Iron Man 3 to be a middling and ultimately silly viewing experience.It basically has a Transformer-like tone that blocks any kind of real drama ever taking place in the film. I found the villain twist to be ridiculous, it did nothing to further the plot and made the movie more cartoony than it was before. There are literally no stakes worth mentioning, and even during the finale I was just waiting for it to end. Did anyone really think that Pepper died at the end?Ultimately, it does kind of feel like a kids film trying to be more. Well, it failed.

Edited by mattmav45
  • Like 1

This movie is way too comedic and jokey. I understand the people who say "Oh, superhero movies shouldn't take themselves too seriously". But this movie just went way way too far. The entire movie was a joke, it was a flat out comedy. Do you have to have wisecracks in like every scene? I can't wait for Man of Steel now because I welcome a superhero movie that takes itself seriously and doesn't feel the need to be so goofy. Hell even Wolverine looks better. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up the worst of the superhero movies of 2013. 

Agreed.  I understand this series is trying not to take itself as seriously as Nolan's Dark Knight Trilogy and is trying to become an antithesis of it so the audiences will have variety, but it results in scenes which are being played for drama come off as impotent and lacking any sort of punch. 

His relatively unfazed reaction to Pepper's death was more unintentionally "cold and distant" than any moment claimed by those who deride the Batman films.

• Like 2

I loved it! Sure it had its flaws. But the movie kept a brisk pace and had such witty dialogue I was never bored. I thought the much maligned "twist" was kind of underwhelming but Kingsley was hilarious when Trevor was revealed. He was awesome. A-   Can't give it an A. Points off for some stuff showing up in the movie out of nowhere, lol. Like that black car for instance.

That black car?

Yeah where did it come from. Did I miss that?

E, are you referring to the black car that Tony used to drive out of Tennessee?

If that's the one, yeah, I missed how that came about too. But then I only watched IM3 once thus far. I'll catch the movie again this weekend, let's see if I can figure it out  :lol: Most likely it's a stupid convenience plot point though  :lol: Or maybe Tony is loaded so he already rented the car for use later, and the movie just brushed over it.

Edited by Sam

E, are you referring to the black car that Tony used to drive out of Tennessee? If that's the one, yeah, I missed how that came about too. But then I only watched IM3 once thus far. I'll catch the movie again this weekend, let's see if I can figure it out  :lol: Most likely it's a stupid convenience plot point though  :lol:

Oh that's an easy one. Savin came into town in that car. We see Tony take the key out of his pocket.
  • Like 1

Oh that's an easy one. Savin came into town in that car. We see Tony take the key out of his pocket.

If that's the one E was referring to then there you go.

Thanks Jay  :D I think I might miss quite a few important things just watching the movie once. Will see it again this weekend as double feature with Trek  :wub:

OK, I finally saw it a second time and knowing Killian is the real villain of the film from the get-go really improved my enjoyment of the film. And Killian is most definitely the real Mandarin, he says he is and even has dragon tattoos. My conclusion is that he is a combination of both Mandarin(His backstory, genius and leadership capabilities) and another IM villain, Firebrand(The powers). Much like Rourke's character in IM2 was a combination of Whiplash and Crimson Dynamo. The fact that Killian is a scientist in the Marvel Comics universe is just a smokescreen to cover the character's true role in the film.

Killian on film:

Posted Image

Killian in the comics:

Posted Image

Mandarin with a suit on from 1990:

Posted Image

Firebrand from Iron Man Adventures Cartoon:

Posted Image

Oh, and I now can give a letter grade...A-

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 3