#ED

Weekend Estimates - (Pain & Gain: 20M, The Big Wedding: 7.5M)

Probably yes. People use those type of sites a lot. And see there is a new movie called Pain & Gain available. And they will download it .

It's such a foreign world to me. It seems impossible that it's that much of a thing.

PG will probably do about 19.5 mill.  Too bad.  I really enjoyed it.  Maybe it will have really good WOM and it can hit 60 mill.  

"Pain and Gain" was a low budget passion project for Bay to try and prove he can do other things than those Big Blockbusters.  So if it breaks even, so be it.  He's got "Transformers 4" and "Bad Boys III" on deck.  As well as plenty other projects he's producing.  I have a feeling though despite his denials, he will direct Transformers 5 and 6.  

2014: TF4

2016: BBIII

2017 TF5

2020: TF6

Edited by filmscholar
  • Like 1

The next weekend is going to determine whether or not Oblivion makes $100m. I'm currently predicting a 55% drop against IM3, so it might be an uphill battle for $100m.

Maybe it's too much to hope for but maybe spillover from sell outs could drive some to watch Oblivion as an alternative. Another 55% drop would pretty much kill its chances at 100. Holdovers are going to lose TC like crazy.
  • Like 1