The Creator

Box Office Alliance Season 1 (Full Season Here)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who should win Player of the Season?

• The Dark Alfred (placed 1st)
    • acsc1312 (placed 2nd)
    • CEDAR (placed 3rd)
    • Fake (placed 4th)
    • Townzy89 (placed 5th)
    • XenoZodiac (placed 6th)
  2. 2. What was the best team of the season?

• The Firerisers (Games 1-14) (Game 15)
    • The Shadowlords (Games 1-13)
    • The Wild Cards (Games 1-13)
    • The Epic Losers (Games 1-12)
    • Amazingly Adequate (Games 1-10)
    • The Beasts in the Bushes (Games 1-9)
    • Stark Brothers (Games 1-5)
    • The Pirates (Games 1-4)
    • The Very Best, Like No One Ever Was (Games 1-3)
    • Team Avatrek (Games 1-2)
    • Team Hunger (Games 1-5)
    • The Icelords (Game 15)

I checked CEDAR's points. There should be 10 points taken off. He only ever purchased one immunity, but it was made when the immunities cost 10 points and I counted it as the previous 8 pointer. The immunity he used before that was a free immunity for 4 consecutive top 3 victories.

You should define the rules in the beginning. Of course winning challenges should give points to the winner, but not 3 weeks after because you think it is fair. It should not change in the middle of the game. But whatever. Yes, I accepted the challenge.

Team

Player

Place Point

Score Point

Creativity/Other

Neg Point

Total

The Firerisers

The Dark Alfred

+9

+6

+3

+19

+64

CEDAR

+17

+10

+8

+27

Townzy89

+10

+6

+3

+19

The Epic Losers

Fake

+7

+2

+2

+11

+62

Totem

+23

+8

+2

+33

Schumaker FTW

+12

+4

+2

+18

Amazingly Adequate

Electric

+4

+2

+2

+8

+39

RichWS

+17

+9

+2

+28

EmpireStrikesBack

+2

+3

+7

+3

The Beasts in the Bushes

eliminated*

+1

+23

Dom Cobb

+11

+5

+2

+15

Mattrek

+7

+7

+2

+7

eliminated*

+3

+2

+1

+3

The Shadowlords

acsc1312

+13

+6

+2

+12

+36

Andrew the Alien

+7

+5

+1

+12

XenoZodiac

+12

+6

+2

+15

The Wild Cards

CJohn

+10

+4

+2

+16

+16

eliminated*

+2

Kalo21

+2

+2

Updated as of Game 7 *final points remain for members eliminated via strikes

I checked CEDAR's points. There should be 10 points taken off. He only ever purchased one immunity, but it was made when the immunities cost 10 points and I counted it as the previous 8 pointer. The immunity he used before that was a free immunity for 4 consecutive top 3 victories.

This was the scores from 13th March. CEDAR had -8. (Game 7)

When he was chosen by Shadowlords for the challenge and to move teams this was 27th March (Game 9)

Sent 27 March 2012 - 10:06 PM

"CEDAR and Townzy89, you have both been chosen as top candidates for The Challenge. However, you have an automatic immunity that you can use, which will cost neither of your any points if you choose to do so. Let me know by tomorrow at 11:00 P.M. Eastern.

The Dark Alfred, you've also been chosen but as a runner-up. You too can use your automatic immunity here if you so wish."

So yeah im just confused, you mean the immunity we all got for being in top 3, or just cedar before that. but if you think it is ok then thats cool. just trying to move up the points total here..

Edited by Townzy89

Yeah, just to support Townzy (nothing against Cedar).

He had the free immunity (which he used to not be moved to our team). Then he used 10 points to not go into the challenge. Those 10 plus the 8 from previous=-18.

ON CEDAR:

Ok, you are right. I know he purchased the 10 points earlier (after he used his automatic immunity on refusing to join The Shadowlords). I went through all my weekend score reports and had no record of him taking out an immunity earlier, but my table for Game 7 point totals does show he took out 8 points for an immunity. (See Page 9, top of page).

I think it is obvious that CEDAR must have purchased an immunity during that week, after the game was scored, as that is when I calculate immunity purchases.

ON RULES:

I understand that is unprofessional to have added a new rule like that toward the end of the game. I should have clarified it at the beginning rather than deeming it an essential rule later on in the course of the game. I would say that I'm treating the Top Ten games kind of differently from the earlier ones in the season just because there's more at stake, but it is also true that that rule should have been in effect before the Top Ten games began as it clearly does affect matters that were held prior to these final games. However, I do wish to stand by this new rule of granting a certain amount of points to the winner of any Challenge, and I just ask that you be patient with any updates like this because I promise to work them out in their entirety more completely next season to overcome such "test stage" phases as this may create.

Because there is to be 3 in the challenge and Shadowlords chose you. and comon it is pretty obvious your points are -18 fair is fair.

If my points were wrong, that means others must be wrong as well. Go check everyone's instead of just mine.

Edited by CEDAR

True, but what's the point of the top 5 players having trillion points and never face the challenge, sooner or later someone has to go, you can't all buy immunity.

They won't have a trillion points if people keep sending them to challenge. They will use them up for immunities, while the ones who do go to the challenge get points for winning. Its a win win.

Relax, guys. This hostility is ruining the atmosphere here. Furthermore, if you so wish it, I will go and check everyone's points. I had to check yours twice, CEDAR, but it is true that there was a miscalculation. But to be fair, I will double check everyone's to see if I may have overlooked any other immunities. Also, please abstain from attacking players here. This is an "alliance" game, intended to forge new BO friendships not riotous conflict.

Now I have two things to clarify. Firstly, Totem has withdrawn his purchase of immunity and thus will be enterring The Challenge, so anyone who purchased an immunity need not lose points. I also stated earlier that there will be two eliminations a week now because things are going to be going faster than they were previously.

Secondly, I'll post this to all, as I have had some complaint concerning the matter: Do you feel the new rule regarding points should be stricken? That rule being the rewarding of points to the winner of The Challenge, and more so the impact it has had on my rewarding Fake with 8 points from his 4 previous wins. Should those 8 points be backtracked for fairness sake? If so, of course Fake would be in for The Challenge instead of CJohn. I would appreciate all input, and not just those of the parties most directly involved here (Fake and CJohn) but of everyone else.

I decided on a swift means to ensure this issue is silenced now.

Firstly, whoever wins The Challenge will receive points.

More importantly, I'm agreeing with CEDAR here that the only purpose points will hereby serve is the purchase of immunities (which can only be used for The Challenge), so the more points you earn the safer you are from The Challenge and elimination. This is how The Challenge is going to work now:

The player with the lowest score will go in (he can purchase an immunity, of course) and the winning team will choose a player to go in. Every week will have 3 people go in (so winning team may choose 2 people, or some times I may choose the 2 lowest scoring people).

This week we already have Schumacher and Totem accept The Challenge. CJohn, you have accepted, but you may decline now if you wish. If this is the case, we'll just have one elimination this week, but then we MUST get back on pace next week with 2 eliminations a week.