Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Just crunched some numbers and here's what I got with a hypothetical 174.1m OW:

With SM3 legs: 387.7m

With IM2 legs: 424.6m

With Thor legs: 479.6m

With Avengers legs: 523.3m

With IM1 legs (includes Thursday previews): 542.9m

400m looks very likely if that number holds.

I'm betting on SpiderMan 3 legs. There's just too much competition this May for it to cross $400M, even with an amazing OW of $175M.

Just crunched some numbers and here's what I got with a hypothetical 174.1m OW:

With SM3 legs: 387.7m

With IM2 legs: 424.6m

With Thor legs: 479.6m

With Avengers legs: 523.3m

With IM1 legs (includes Thursday previews): 542.9m

400m looks very likely if that number holds.

I think it will end up with nearly the exact same legs of IM2. Not because WOM will be as bad as that, but because it's a much higher OW and this May is just so overcrowded.

I can only get my theaters attendance, and since im at a smaller theater this year, there wont be a comparison. Hmmm, maybe I can ask my DM if she gets a similar report, but for all the theaters in her district...

Cool. Oh yeah I forgot that you changed theaters.

I'm betting on SpiderMan 3 legs. There's just too much competition this May for it to cross $400M, even with an amazing OW of $175M.

Nah, c'mon, if it's opening is that high it doesn't miss 400m. If many didn't think SM3 sucked ass it probably could've hit 400m despite the competition that surrounded it. 

• Like 1

My bet would be somewhere around IM2's legs as well. Keep in mind that as its the second sequel, it should in theory be more frontloaded than the first sequel. However, it being better received should cancel that out. It won't collapse as fast as SM3 did.

I don't think it's looking good for TGG next weekend. It's going to have IM3's second weekend, which should be around $70M, and it also has to suffer from IM3's big female pull.

Yeah but aside from IM3 all the other holdovers are practically dead. TGG could hit 50m and IM3 70m and the overall weekend still wouldn't be much higher than $140m. Very doable.

• Like 2

personally i think people are more smart nowadays about the 3D thing, well at least they think about it twice!

i'm opting 2D , if there wasnt the choice i might have watched this only once but as it is i'm planning on watching this 3 times !

and tonight is numero uno!!!! numero two will be saturday or sunday if i can combo that with GI JOE 2D showing that's finally available now that IM3 took over that screen

i'm halfway through the door :)

Like I said in the BSG 174 million.  So you fuckers can choose to bow now or later your choice.  If you bow now you will be spared.  If you bow later I will take this a sign of disrespect.  Your choice.

:P

• Like 2

Yeah but aside from IM3 all the other holdovers are practically dead. TGG could hit 50m and IM3 70m and the overall weekend still wouldn't be much higher than $140m. Very doable.

Except TGG won't open to $50M. I'm looking at around $30M.