Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

Proud to say I found Nicholson's Joker overrated long before we saw any footage of TDK, and I'm a big fan of that movie. De Vito and especially Pfeiffer >>>>>

Michelle P. was just soo, soo goooooddd!! Best Catwoman till date and IMO, best female performance in a superhero film so far. Edges out Chloe Moretz Grace's Hit-Girl even.

• Like 3

I loved Jack's performance, but he certainly didn't inhabit the role to the point that you didn't recognize him. You could still tell it was Jack Nicholson. Same voice and the makeup didn't really hide his face. With Ledger it was a complete transformation. He had the bizarre Tom Waits/James Cagney voice and the smeared makeup made him look like a completely different person. The funny thing is the smeared makeup was a huge point of contention at SHH for about 6 months. But at the end of the day, it actually helped create a suspension of disbelief between the actor and character he was portraying.

You shouldn't have to "transform" into the Joker when you were born to play the role like Nicholson was.

• Like 2

Sunday drops are tricky for huge openers their first weekend. Average drop is usually around 30% which makes the 28% projection seem reasonable. But, just last year The Avengers dropped a mere 18% from its record breaking Saturday. Expecting that would be a little too much but IM3 did have a better Sat. increase so I guess anything is possible. Right now I'm thinking a drop around 22-23% like SM3 will happen. Assuming the Friday and Saturday estimates are accurate that would be an OW around 178-179m. 180m appears to be a real long shot but not completely out of the cards.

The Avengers - 18%

SM1 - 27%

Thor - 27%

XO: W - 27%

X2 - 30%

IM - 30%

IM2 - 32%

SM3 - 22%

Range: 20% - 27%

• Like 1

You shouldn't have to "transform" into the Joker when you were born to play the role like Nicholson was.

haha. Brings up an interesting question though. How much input did he have on the choice to make the Joker a coward at the end of the film? Because the best versions of the Joker have always portrayed him as so unhinged that he actually wants Batman to kill him. Why was he screaming like a little bitch when Batman drops him off the building? Should have been laughing his off.

My dad asked me 30 seconds ago if they were making another

Jackie Chan mentioned about wanting to do it in one of his interviews recently.

The Avengers - 18%SM1 - 27%Thor - 27%XO: W - 27%X2 - 30%IM - 30%IM2 - 32%SM3 - 22% Range: 20% - 27%

I think Avengers was the only A+ out of all these movies.

haha. Brings up an interesting question though. How much input did he have on the choice to make the Joker a coward at the end of the film? Because the best versions of the Joker have always portrayed him as so unhinged that he actually wants Batman to kill him. Why was he screaming like a little bitch when Batman drops him off the building? Should have been laughing his off.

Because he was crazy not stupid.  :P

I don't think we will see another Sat-Sun drop like TA anytime soon. That is the most impressive stat of TA's OW for me.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

I think Jar Jar Binks was right about the SM1 comparison earlier. SM1's Sunday was Cinco de Mayo and it fell 27%, so Disney is using that as a guideline since today is Cinco de Mayo. SM1 had pretty insane word of mouth, so for it to drop that hard on Sunday there probably is some truth to the Cinco effect.

I doubt Nicholson did much research on the history of the Joker. He probably just did whatever the hell he wanted to do.