Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

even better the 2nd time around

younger crowd (18-25) full, there was a group of friends behind me who had clearly seen the film and were commenting

on a 2nd viewing aware of twist i tots saw it coming a mile away and sorry but i still don't get what they're so butt-hurt about, crowd loved the twist and found it hilarious

action wise money well spent! 

after scene with malibu house , someone said "this movie is badass"....i concur :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

so happy i decided to go see this again instead of zombying  around the house lol

• Like 2

even better the 2nd time around

younger crowd (18-25) full, there was a group of friends behind me who had clearly seen the film and were commenting

on a 2nd viewing aware of twist i tots saw it coming a mile away and sorry but i still don't get what they're so butt-hurt about, crowd loved the twist and found it hilarious

action wise money well spent! 

after scene with malibu house , someone said "this movie is badass"....i concur :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

so happy i decided to go see this again instead of zombying  around the house lol

Did you cry this time?  :P  ^_^

crowd loved the twist and found it hilarious

And that's what saves it.

It's not just a twist where they go "ha ha, fooled ya" and then they move on to the next plot or part of the storyline. You get the twist and then you get to laugh about it for the next 20 straight minutes whenever Trevor is on screen.

• Like 1

We saw:-2001 (all time classic)-Time Of The Robots (Somebody strung together footage from a bunch of old serials to try to make a funny movie. It didn't work.)-Safety Not Guaranteed-Inception-La Nave de los Monstrous (with no english subtitles!!!!!)-Vanishing Waves (A really cool brand new Lithuanian film. We really enjoyed it, but be warned, it's got a lot of nudity in it.)-Dr Cyclops (1940)-Upside Down (I've been wanting to see this for the past year)-Space Milkshake (brand new comedy with Kristin Kreuk, Amanda Tapping, Billy Boyd, and a bit of George Takei. A few laughs.)-The Monolith Monsters (1957)-Dr Strangelove (another classic)Plus we mixed in some episodes of some crazy ass tv show called Danger 5.

That is the strangest array of movies I've ever seen.
  • Like 1

Completely agree. Twist rocked. Extremis sucked.

I hope that it is revealed in TA2 or so that Tony took Extremis (the better version of course)

Twist was bloody awesome. Anyone who shits on the twist and not on Extremis, which is the only shit-worthy thing, has no sense of humor and genius.

Pehaps some people thought Ben Kingsley played an amazing role till the twist. He became a joke along with the rest of the movie.

• Like 1

I'd rather see them not even mention Extremis again. Just a lame plot altogether IMHO. They can do better.

I think the computer-brain thing would be cool for Tony to build on. Especially as a new way to 

control/power the suits from within himself, now that the arc reactor is gone

He played an amazing role after the twist too. That's why it's great.

This.

The twist ddin`t turn Mandarin the villain into a joke because Trevor wasn`t Mandarin to begin with. This is totally different from turning a real villain into a joke. Which is why the twist is so brilliant. "Mandarin" was so OTT like an actor and than turned out he indeed was, as opposed to being a real villain who behaves in such a stagey OTT way. It`s a sly dig at that sterotype that ask us to suspend the disbelief that a real villain would be so

:rofl:

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 1

He played an amazing role after the twist too. That's why it's great.

Not so much to me.Those "TV moments" were amazing. AMAZING.Ben Kingsley was the best and worst part of the movie for me.7/10 movie for me.Who cares though? Its still Going to Bank.

This. 

The twist ddin`t turn Mandarin the villain into a joke because Trevor wasn`t Mandarin to begin with. This is totally different from turning a real villain into a joke. Which is why the twist is so brilliant. "Mandarin" was so OTT like an actor and than turned out he indeed was, as opposed to being a real villain who behaves in such a stagey OTT way. It`s a sly dig at that sterotype that ask us to suspend the disbelief that a real villain would be so

:rofl:

There were no laughs at Ben Kingsley during my showing. It felt out of place. The rest of the movie couldn't be taken seriously even when pepper "died".

I knew the twist beforehand and even then I was thinking during the broadcasts that this was pretty heavy stuff. On repeat viewings I just couldn't stop laughing. 

'Chiiinese theeeaytorrr'

• Like 8

Twist was bloody awesome. Anyone who shits on the twist and not on Extremis, which is the only shit-worthy thing, has no sense of humor and genius.

Twist = awesome. Extremis = the tesseract in the Avengers and the arc reactor in Iron Man. Probably the worst thing about the movie, but I'll roll with it if this much fun stuff is going on. 

Twist = awesome. Extremis = the tesseract in the Avengers and the arc reactor in Iron Man. Probably the worst thing about the movie, but I'll roll with it if this much fun stuff is going on. 

Agree about the Tesseract, but the arc reactor is OK in my book. Only bad part of IM1 is the fact that the climactic fight feels like a Transformers movie.

• Like 1