Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

What's different for IM3 is that, while a lot of people love it, there's also a distinct group that hate it. Like, properly hate it (Mostly hardcore fanboys like that bitch kedrell at SHH), which is pulling the ratings down.

For IM2 however, even though it was incredibly mediocre, It was less divisive than IM3 has been. 

• Like 1

It dropped from 84%. Just for comparison, IRON MAN got 91% and IRON MAN ll, 80%.

It is getting mixed reviews those die hard marvel fanatics actually trying to prove otherwise even resorting to saying the GA will see the twist as hilarious.Since the movie seems contain a lot of comedy it is always going to be hit and miss in regards to it's humor,the movie clearly is not as good as some them made it out to be and most of these marvel fans already had their mind set and will cling onto anything positive to overlook the negatives just so it can be better in their eyes.

• Like 2

I don't like Cinemascore either, but I was a bit surprised it had such a high grade after reading about the "very mixed" WOM.

but Iron Man 2 received the same. The first Iron Man also received an A Cinemascore but how many really think IM2 was as good as the first one

It is getting mixed reviews those die hard marvel fanatics actually trying to prove otherwise even resorting to saying the GA will see the twist as hilarious.Since the movie seems contain a lot of comedy it is always going to be hit and miss in regards to it's humor,the movie clearly is not as good as some them made it out to be and most of these marvel fans already had their mind set and will cling onto anything positive to overlook the negatives just so it can be better in their eyes.

I noticed a "toned down" enthusiasm to be honest.

I don't like Cinemascore either, but I was a bit surprised it had such a high grade after reading about the "very mixed" WOM.

If you loved the film it's getting great WOM. If you didn't like the film then WOM is mixed
  • Like 10

The numbers are good.  But I'm sorry guys I was disappointed.  The Twist was bad.  I don't expect good WOM.  

Agreed. Good numbers so far, especially OS but the movie was average for me.  I also didn't like the twist.

THinking WOM will be okay though

Edited by Moviefanatic

What's different for IM3 is that, while a lot of people love it, there's also a distinct group that hate it. Like, properly hate it (Mostly hardcore fanboys like that bitch kedrell at SHH), which is pulling the ratings down.

For IM2 however, even though it was incredibly mediocre, It was less divisive than IM3 has been. 

Not to mention the haters who take advantage of the situation and jump in to blow things out of proportion. Seriously, I saw haters that pretend to be IM fans proclaiming Marvel sucks, they ruin everything that is sacred of Iron Man, but when asked about Iron Man comics, they can't say a thing about it.

• Like 2

If you loved the film it's getting great WOM. If you didn't like the film then WOM is mixed

Bias always got the best of us even when we pretend to not succumb to it.

Yeah people are really deluding themselves about how much they like the movie. If only they could see things through clear eyes like you do :rofl:

• Like 4

Not to mention the haters who take advantage of the situation and jump in to blow things out of proportion. Seriously, I saw haters that pretend to be IM fans proclaiming Marvel sucks, they ruin everything that is sacred of Iron Man, but when asked about Iron Man comics, they can't say a thing about it.

It's really not that different from die hards who say nothing but praises to the point of exaggeration.

• Like 4