Shawn Robbins

Weekend Discussion: IM3 @ 175.3m wknd est

It would be totally epic. I call dibs on WHat went wrong thread.

It is happening. Something indeed went wrong. Please create it.

TDK is still the most shocking performance for me. Batman Begins is still the best superhero movie, but TDK's success felt like justification to me for the fact that sooooooo many people didn't even give BB a chance until long after it left theaters. That movie just didn't get a fair shake from the public, but I'm glad its sequels were very successful.

I was absolutely stunned to see that the Batman franchise still had the potential to be phenom-level big. Didn't think it was possible after such a great movie like BB only made $205m domestic and $370m worldwide. The other shocking thing is that the marketing for TDK made no bones about the fact that this wasn't some kiddie romp. This wasn't PIXAR or Shrek. It was a dark action movie and they were pretty upfront about it in the marketing. Yet people still came in droves. The Ledger effect obviously. But whatever their reasons for showing up, I'm glad they did because a lot of them have given BB more of a chance on home video as a result.

TDK was not a Batman movie.

It's still gonna pass 1.1bn easily.

So you think it will do 750 internationally for sure?

We really don't know anything yet. Its not even dark on the west coast. People are still on their evening commute. And I still say Saturday will be huge. 

Wow, alot of overreacting here for a whole lot of nothing.. I'd wait til Sat and Sun before declaring victory on this..

:rofl:  :rofl:

TDK was not a Batman movie.

It wasn't any less of a Batman movie than Batman '89, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, or Batman & Robin, all of which were just as guilty as (if not more guilty than) TDK of focusing too much on the villains. Batman Begins is still the only live action movie in the franchise to give proper focus to the title character.

• Like 1

So you think it will do 750 internationally for sure?

Yep. It has absolutely exploded in China and Russia. It's doing very well in Germany too. Those 3 markets alone will make over 200m easily.

• Like 1