Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

The weirdest part about Gadar being so huge was that it was the most under-the-radar huge run. Even when it was in theaters, the movie everyone was talking about was Lagaan, not Gadar. All the other big movies on the list have come in with great marketing, huge campaigns and pre-destined to be big. Gadar starred Sunny Deol in the fag end of his being a box office draw, Ameesha Patel who was one film old, music which wasn't a big hit till the movie released and an untested studio releasing it and it just kept going and going. It never dominated the headlines (Lagaan and the Oscars ensured that), it wasn't a great movie (passable entertainment like Ghayal or Ghatak or Ziddi) and yet it was huge.

Just saw PK again for the 2nd time. This time with my family. I really love this movie! After 5 weeks it's still playing in the theaters here in Indonesia. That is very very rare for any kind of movie (including Hollywood), let alone a Bollywood movie whose target audience is limited. And my show was 80-85% full! In its 5th weekend! I also noticed something interesting. When I saw it for the first time on OW, most of the people in the audience were Indians, or Indonesians of Indian descent. Now, most of them are Indonesians. So I guess the WOM has spread slowly and widely to the people outside its main target (Indians and Bollywood lovers), showing this movie has global appeals, especially here where religion is a big part and a sensitive topic too.

• Like 2

PK has crossed the $100m WW milestone.

After 4 weeks, the total gross collections are:

Worldwide: 621.86 crore ($100.15m)

Domestic: 464.60 crore ($74.90) or 333.81 crore nett

Overseas: 157.26 crore ($25.25m)

It may add another $2m from now. It should also be released in China in a few months.

• Like 1

Marvel Studios' biggest film to date, Avengers: Age of Ultron, is all set to arrive in India on April 24th, which is the same day as its European release, but a full week before its highly anticipated release in the United States. Disney India has also announced that Joss Whedon's magnum opus will be given the widest release ever for a Hollywood film on Indian screens and will be released in four languages: English, Hindi, Tamil, and Telegu, which is the norm for most major Hollywood releases in India.

Morehttp://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=115563

"Dilwale" releases on Christmas this year, will be big for sure. Reunites SRK and Kajol, and Rohit Shetty is directing: http://www.koimoi.com/bollywood-popular/srk-kajol-confirmed-in-rohit-shettys-dilwale/

After a lot of speculations, the cast of Rohit Shetty’s next with Shah Rukh Khan has finally been confirmed. The film will bring back the celebrated couple of Bollywood, Shah Rukh Khan andKajol together after My Name Is Khan. Also since we had last reported that the film will be a multi-starrer, the cast of the film has been revealed now. It will also star Varun DhawanKriti Sanon, Vinod Khanna, Kabir Bedi, Johny Lever and Varun Sharma of Fukrey fame.

• Like 1

48 crore nett in 4-days or 65 crore gross. That translates to $10.5m. It broke the previous opening record of 41.7 crore in 4-days by TASM2.

F&F7 will cross 100 crore by its 2nd weekend and will become only second Hollywood movie in history to cross the mark. It should finish around 125 crore ($20m).

Avatar currently holds the all-time record for a Hollywood movie with 143 crore but I don't think F&F7 has a chance to get there.

• Like 2

It will be curious to see how Avengers 2 fares. It will have only a 3-day opening and without the benefit of any holiday, so it will be an uphill task to break the OW record now, even with the immense buzz it has. But the one thing it has in its favour is that there is no other film releasing alongside it.

Right now, if I had to guess, I'd say 60 crore opening and 150 crore total, thus breaking Avatar's record.

• Like 1

In INR around 60 crore OW and 150 crore total.

In USD, that's close to $10m opening and $25m total.

Hopefully it surpirses as FF7 did and can make 200 crore (or something close to that :D )

Edited by pepsa

F&F7 daily business in crores (gross), rounded off to the nearest integer

Thurs: 17

Fri: 17

Sat: 17

Sun: 19 (70 crore cume)

Mon: 11

Tue: 8

Wed: 6

Thurs: 5 (100 crore cume)

Fri: 4

Sat: 5

So it has slowed down after the first 4-5 huge days. It will easily cross the Avatar's first run business (130 crore), but beating it including the re-release would be pretty tough. Anyway, it has been an outstanding run.

• Like 1