Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Looks like Aamir and Hirani have hit the jackpot again. PK had a decent Fri-Sat but Sunday could be the biggest ever single day grosser. Such huge Sunday increase in the OW itself suggests spectacular WOM.

Don't think it will reach D3 heights but I believe it'll end up being 2nd biggest overall.

'PK' earned Rs 95 crore over weekend

Aamir Khan-starrer PK earned Rs 95.21 crore at the box-office in the weekend, according to the producers. PK, directed by Rajkumar Hirani and co-starring Anushka Sharma, released on December 19 in around 6000 screens all over including 5200 in India.

"PK collected record Rs 38.24 crore on Sunday which is 30% growth from Saturday, taking the film's total weekend net collection to Rs 95.21 crore (Friday: 26.63 crore; Saturday 30.34 crore and Sunday 38.24 crore)," said a statement from the film's producer.

The film got positive response from the audience and critics for its gripping storyline and powerful performances. Produced by Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Hirani and UTV, the film also stars Sanjay Dutt and Sushant Singh Rajput in pivotal roles.

•  

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-pk-earned-rs-95-crore-over-weekend-2046126

Rentrak has reported a gross of $25.59 Million for PK.

USA/Can: $3.46 M

ROW: $22.13 M

That would be equate to Rs. 161.81 Crores. 

The producers of PK have released the weekend Net as Rs. 95.21 Crores. 

Rentrak is the official agency that gives accurate box office figures of Hollywood films. Aamir Khan has been heard raising up the issue of fudged numbers being let out by filmmakers since sometime now and he is more than happy about Rentrak entering our markets.

There is a lot of intrigue around their upcoming film and it has become the most awaited film. Aamir, Rajkumar Hirani and Vidhu Vinod Chopra signed up for Rentrak as they got to know about it.

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report-aamir-khan-s-pk-box-office-collections-to-be-tracked-by-rentrak-2045112

So, I'm certain we will get reliable numbers for PK.

PK had a phenomenal Sunday and the biggest non-holiday Monday ever at Rs. 38.24 Cr and Rs. 21.22 Cr.

4 day total  is at Rs. 116 Cr.

This will easily surpass Rs. 250 Cr. and may even approach Rs. 300 Cr.depending on its performance over the next 10 days. Even on Tuesday, it is selling out shows like crazy in places like Mysore. DRC cinemas will end up selling out all 10 shows today. Amazing.

Don't see anything for Tuesday figures, but seems like they'd be in line with Monday.  BOI is suggesting that 180 seems like a possibility, so with ~130 through 5 days we're looking at another 18-20ish on Wednesday and then 30+ on Christmas day.  From there, even a massive drop on Friday is going to set it on pace for 2nd weekend/week records.  Imagine ~40ish for the weekend and 65-70 for the week.  It would be sitting at nearly 250 with a ton of momentum, and that might be on the low side (62.5% drop on Friday from a possible 32 crore Thursday). 

Also domestically, 3 Idiots legs would take it 14.1M.  At the very least, I expect this to outgross D3 and finally break the 10M threshold.

Let's say 500/550K for Mon/Tues.  700K for Christmas Eve and 1M for Christmas Day.  That's 6.3M through 5 days.  With 3 Idiots level WOM, I don't see why it can't yank at least another 2M out of the 2nd weekend, if not more.  From there, another 2M for the remainder of the run.

Oh wow so it's very possible for PK to be the first movie to cross 300 cr in India?

Looks like PK has a real shot at Rs. 300 Cr. net.

Day 1 (Fri) 26.63
Day 2 (Sat) 30.34
Day 3 (Sun) 38.44
Day 4 (Mon) 21.22
Day 5 (Tue) 18.85
Day 6 (Wed) 19.55

Total: 155.03 Cr.

@Spizzer: Given its fabulous WOM, I agree that PK has an excellent shot at $10M in US/Can.
Edited by jb007
  • Like 1

Thursday truned out to be 27.5 crore (Trade figure), even bigger than the opening day!

It is now at around 180.5 crore (Trade figure) / 183 crore (Producer figure). Nice to see these two numbers converging for a major film. Days of honest reporting has begun, it seems. :)

300 crore is beginning to look like a real possibility too. If the Friday figure stays over 12 crore, then there will be a good chance of it happening.

• Like 2

Thursday truned out to be 27.5 crore (Trade figure), even bigger than the opening day!

It is now at around 180.5 crore (Trade figure) / 183 crore (Producer figure). Nice to see these two numbers converging for a major film. Days of honest reporting has begun, it seems. :)

300 crore is beginning to look like a real possibility too. If the Friday figure stays over 12 crore, then there will be a good chance of it happening.

That could be because Rentrak has started operating in India.

Its massive heading to 60Cr final gross WW.

Also it has become the highest grossing Indian feature film in Canada ahead of Dhoom 3 and 3 Idiots and that was as of Dec 12th.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/chaar-sahibzaade-on-record-breaking-spree-some-incredible-facts-hindi-news-120741

So BOI saying 13 crore Friday and possibly 50 for the weekend (17/20 Sat/Sun I'm guessing).  That's like a 75-80 crore 2nd week, so it would be sitting around 260 with maybe another 80 left in the tank.

Also 3.8M away from 10M domestic now.

Edited by Spizzer - Manav

Its massive heading to 60Cr final gross WW.

Also it has become the highest grossing Indian feature film in Canada ahead of Dhoom 3 and 3 Idiots and that was as of Dec 12th.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/chaar-sahibzaade-on-record-breaking-spree-some-incredible-facts-hindi-news-120741

Amazing.  :o

He's from Canada which has lots of mini-Punjabs there.  :P

During my stay in Kansas City b/w 1996 and 2003, I used to have a colleague who was a Punjabi from Canada. In 2001. I attended his sister's wedding at Toronto. I was amazed by the number of attendees (mostly Punjabis). It was no different than any wedding in India. My friend used to tell me stories about Punjabis even opening temples in Canada to make money.  :lol:

• Like 2

So BOI saying 13 crore Friday and possibly 50 for the weekend (17/20 Sat/Sun I'm guessing).  That's like a 75-80 crore 2nd week, so it would be sitting around 260 with maybe another 80 left in the tank.

Also 3.8M away from 10M domestic now.

Producers have reported Rs. 14.44 crores for Friday 26, 2014 (8th day). BTW, I thought the producers are reporting Rentrak numbers. So it would be accurate.

• Like 1