Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

According to BoxofficeIndia it seems that FF7 is at 93 crore (14,76M$) in its third week, lower than previously reported.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/Details/art_detail/fastandfurious7slowsdowninthirdweekend#.VTYHXKYWkpk

I believe that the difference is that box office India count only the pre-tax receipts, unlike the way they count everywhere else.

Different sources are giving conflicting numbers.

Universal: $24.2m = 150 crore gross= 107 crore nett (this was given as estimate on Sunday)

Taran Adarsh: $23.5m = 146 crore gross= 104 crore nett (maybe it is the actual gross that he got from universal)

Boxofficeindia: $19.3m = 120 crore gross = 92 crore nett

If we take first or second figure to be true..... then FF7 has already become the all-time highest grossing Hollywood movie.

But i thought i read somewhere that avengers 2 will be the widest hollywood release in india.

Not according to the distributors

While Avengers: Age Of Ultron too will have outstanding numbers from its India theatrical release, it may not be as big as Fast and Furious 7, courtesy a very simple release – the relative release size! While Fast and Furious 7 had released on the E-Cinema projection systems too, Avengers: Age Of Ultron will limit itself to the 2K digital projection platforms only, like all the major Hollywood film studios do. So, against the 2300 (approx) screens that Fast and Furious 7 released in, Avengers: Age Of Ultron may release only in about 1200 screens. However, if you look at the screen-wise collections, I’m quite sure Avengers: Age Of Ultron will score well over Fast and Furious 7.

While Avengers: Age Of Ultron too will have outstanding numbers from its India theatrical release, it may not be as big as Fast andFurious 7, courtesy a very simple release – the relative release size! While Fast and Furious 7 had released on the E-Cinema projection systems too, Avengers: Age Of Ultron will limit itself to the 2K digital projection platforms only, like all the major Hollywood film studios do. So, against the 2300 (approx) screens that Fast and Furious 7 released in, Avengers: Age Of Ultron may release only in about 1200 screens. However, if you look at the screen-wise collections, I’m quite sure Avengers: Age Of Ultron will score well over Fast and Furious 7.

WTF? I hope it can still come near 17m$?

While the no. of screens is about half, but it is releasing in all multiplexes in big cities and compared to F&F7, only missing smaller multiplexes and single screens in smaller cities/towns. Therefore, it will have close to 75% grossing potential compared to F&F7.

With better occupancy ratios, i believe it can get quite close to FF7 OD, though beating it would be pretty difficult.

While Avengers: Age Of Ultron too will have outstanding numbers from its India theatrical release, it may not be as big as Fast and Furious 7, courtesy a very simple release – the relative release size! While Fast and Furious 7 had released on the E-Cinema projection systems too, Avengers: Age Of Ultron will limit itself to the 2K digital projection platforms only, like all the major Hollywood film studios do. So, against the 2300 (approx) screens that Fast and Furious 7 released in, Avengers: Age Of Ultron may release only in about 1200 screens. However, if you look at the screen-wise collections, I’m quite sure Avengers: Age Of Ultron will score well over Fast and Furious 7.

Only 2K in India?  :o

I called this a few weeks ago in the China bo thread.

Avengers2 was never going to beat Fast7 in India and China. In India, most polls showed Fast7 as the most anticipated Hollywood movie of 2015. There was a lot of morbid curiosity and genuine buzz for this movie. Moreover, it released in 3d! Oh and teenagers in India LOVE cars/bikes.

It's no shame to lose against Fast7.

BTW was there something wrong with the prints of Avengers in India? The subtitles were only half displayed in the first half. Post interval those subtitiles were gone.

Edited by marveldcfox

I called this a few weeks ago in the China bo thread.

Avengers2 was never going to beat Fast7 in India and China. In India, most polls showed Fast7 as the most anticipated Hollywood movie of 2015. There was a lot of morbid curiosity and genuine buzz for this movie. Moreover, it released in 3d! Oh and teenagers in India LOVE cars/bikes.

It's no shame to lose against Fast7.

BTW was there something wrong with the prints of Avengers in India? The subtitles were only half displayed in the first half. Post interval those subtitiles were gone.

Sorry but you're wrong. This could have easily beat F7 in India had it not been for such a low number of screens compared to that. Everybody around here was much much more excited for TA2 than F7.

Didn't you and the other people complain when the subtitles were gone?

Sorry but you're wrong. This could have easily beat F7 in India had it not been for such a low number of screens compared to that. Everybody around here was much much more excited for TA2 than F7.

Didn't you and the other people complain when the subtitles were gone?

I was glad the subtitles were gone in the second half because pre interval there was something wrong with only half of subtitle showing which was distracting.