Happy Summer Movie Season. Play the summer game.

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Sort of? You can excuse the OW as the result of Apocalypse, but this 2nd weekend drop? That's all on this film and the wom it has earned. If the merger hadn't already killed this version of the X-Men, the performance would have.
  3. The current weekend is the 24th of the year and 5 different studios had the position of the highest grossing studio on at least one weekend: #1: WB & Disney with 7 each #3: Uni with 6 #4: Sony with 3 #5: Lionsgate with 1. So different from the total gross in this WB and Disney are even, shows that Disney won some by a gigantic margin (CM OWend, Avengers OWend & 2nd Wend).
  4. Oh ok .. actually we were talking about OS ... yeah domestic same pattern as Guardians 1
  5. i also think the same .... my dear friend .. $14 M previews & $150 M OW is locked now ... (could be more.)
  6. i am talking about dom only though
  7. Other totals: Aladdin $29.6M. About 575M lc. Bye bye Maleficent's record. Godzilla $9.3M. Dark Phoenix $8.2M. Looks like a big drop.
  8. Sony had a similar issue with Ghostbusters 2016 but that at least opened well but the budget was simply too high.
  9. the best way to guess the weekend is from previes, does anyone have info about the previews ? except @porthos range 13-16 ?
  10. yeah same pattern .. but with breaking-out in Japan/Korea ..
  11. It just seems overdone to me. Do you really think this movie was a special kind of bad?
  12. No. Anna's story is a deconstruction of the classic Disney Princess tropes and it is weightier than Enchanted which tried the same thing but in a more light-hearted manner.
  13. A showing of Dark Phoenix near me is sold out. Guess some poor souls might think it is a good Father’s Day choice
  14. Have the gotten Warners OK for this?. And how much money would it cost to get the Snyder but in halfway presentable shape? I think a Snyder cut would end up being like the Donner cut of Superman 2:an interesting curiosity then a actual film. Npthong will come of this. Another effort of enthusiatic fans who probably don't really understand the realities of the way the film business works. I doubt Warners want to put another dime in JL.
  15. Since that first 59% drop, it was right at 50% for two weekends and the last two weekends it dropped sub 50 (-28% and -44.5% in USD terms) and held better than Pikachu last weekend. Based on Pika's drop I think better that sub 50% is very feasible. That said, its at the end of its run, its not like great or poor holds matter much now. Those first few drops took it down fast, after that solid holds are just trivia
  16. plus the movie follows very closesly guardians 1 as of now, and is even ahead of it by 10-15mil
  17. They really fucked up the marketing , trailer and the buzz before release and we can be disappointed about that. But hey ! Rather than saying “what if they don’t fuck it up” “it should be over Batb” or Bla bla bla and feeling disappointed, would be better if we just appreciate this kind of rare leggy run and this kind of ‘epic comeback’ ( from troubled movie to hit blockbuster). Only very very few movies managed to do that. Always looks on the positive sides. Besides , maybe the bad buzz helped the film cause it made people went to see this movie with super low expectation therefore easier to please and create great reception among them. Or maybe If they didn’t fuck it up somehow , it would open big but with standard drop leading to same final numbers. Just a different kind of run. We’ll never know.
  18. Did not see any film this weekend, but the trailer for Shaft made it look like fun, the trialers for MIB:I made me go "I am not spending 12 bucks for this".
  19. Maybe before, but ticket prices have gone bonkers lately. Even our regional theater averages like $75 a seat. my aunt wanted to see Hamilton in Boston — until we found out it was $300 a pop. 3X as much as I paid for it in NYC. Now, Hamilton is ridiculously expensive. I will admit that. And not every show gets a tour. Only really the big commercial ones.
  20. When a movie has numerous production issues, terrible reviews and now terrible box office it’s a perfect recipe to get piled on. Sucks but maybe the filmmakers should have thought about this before hand
  21. Now I think a real possibility is that SW becomes like the 007 franchise:Not the hottest thing around, but still enormously popular and very profitible, if not quite as dominant. And most studios would kill for a franchise like James Bond
  22. Huh.... assuming 200mil happens for TS4, and honestly even if it doesn't, Disney is almost guaranteed to end the first 6 months of the year over 2 billion Domestic. After this weekend they only need about 270mil, and they've got 2 full weekends to get there. Not just that they'll hit 2 billion before anyone else hits 1 billion and then they've also got Lion King before anyone will get close to 1 billion. Assuming another 70mil dom for Aladdin and Endgame residuals + TS4 making 550mil~ Lion King would need 650mil for Disney to make 3 billion dom before anyone else passes 1 billion. Is that possible....
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.