All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Not to mention, it's pretty great for what is not a very well-liked movie. Most re-releases are for beloved classics.
  3. I mean, it's still looking to be the higher-end of recent re-releases. Unless I'm missing something, it's only behind Avatar. That seems fine if you ask me.
  4. It seems like it didn’t move the needle at all for Monkey Man or Fall Guy. I think Super Bowl spots works better for films that are releasing within a few weeks not several months away.
  5. Should have just rereleased the pod race scene and Darth maul scene for $5 ticket. place would fill up
  6. I really I have no idea what this Kendrick Lamar/Drake feud is about. But considering that my AARP card is arriving later this year I probably shouldn’t know.
  7. KINGDOM OF THE PLANET OF THE APES - Thurs/Fri Cinemark Cuyahoga Falls and XD - 43 Cinemark Tinseltown North Canton and XD - 153 Cinemark Bistro North Canton - 10 Cinemark Valley View - 122 These presales leave something to be desired, especially for the Bistro. I guess the "dine-in" experience doesn't have the luster it used to have compared to the PLF of the theater a mile away.
  8. Drab, dull, grey, overlong, ugly to look at, and very pleased with its own non-existent charm. The whole rhythm of the movie felt off. There was no spark. This is a movie for adult fans of Ryan Reynolds and Taylor Swift. 2/10
  9. Today
  10. I’m convinced Twisters is gonna be big. If reviews are good I might even say huge.
  11. Dang, I really thought Phantom Menace would have a bigger Sat bump. Still very impressive.
  12. They should absolutely do a wide rerelease of the Lord of the Rings. No doubt in my mind Fellowship of the Ring makes double what TPM is doing.
  13. Universal just threw an obscene amount of money at the Super Bowl this year. Even bought a spot for a fall movie. I trust they have since learned their lesson that Taylor Swift can only do so much.
  14. The Fall Guy was the most mid movie I have ever seen in my entire life. If you laid out all the films ever released in cinemas since Workers Leaving The Lumiere Factory in 1895 by quality, it would be the exact geometric median of all films ever released. It is the Merriam Webster dictionary definition of mid.
  15. Super bowl spots are great for mass appeal concepts. They're not going to move the needle much for something without much inherent demand. This movie is doing solid for what it is, not sure why people are acting as if Gosling is suddenly prime Leo and Blunt is prime Julia Roberts.
  16. No, bad comparison. Average audience saw McAvoy playing young Xavier and Stewart playing old Xavier. It's very straight forward. There continues to be no precedent of 3 different versions of the same character showing up on the screen at the same time. Any normal movie goer is going to go "wtf?". lol he clearly missed the sarcasm of your posts. That said, the Potter 9 or TDK4 comparisons are apples to oranges. You bring up 2 examples off continuing a story, which is very straight forward and understandable to a movie goer. Spider-man NWH took 3 completely different, unrelated versions of the same character and put them on the screen at the same time. It isn't continuing an existing story, it was merging 3 completely unrelated ones. There was a giant risk that the general public would go ".....wtf?". It was noted repeatedly in threads both here and over at world of kj.
  17. At some point prior to 2010 maybe. But it's been long enough that the tactic has failed that it should be abandoned.
  18. It's hard to say some hit movies have still advertised during the Super Bowl but someone will argue they would have been hits anyway. Can a Super Bowl ad still put something that's not already a big franchise or well known property on the map?
  19. Will a 'Twisters' booth be the new 'Barbie' box at movie theaters? - Fast Company All I will say is at least they're trying
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.