Water Bottle

Game of Thrones (BOOK + TV) WARNING: SPOILERS [NO LEAKED EPISODE SPOILERS]

After a night's sleep I'm a bit less angry. In terms of how the show has done Stannis, it was one of the possible logical conclusions of his arc. I just don't think the show did a good job of getting us to that point. If we had gotten the Nissa Nissa story this season from Mel, that would have gone a long way to establishing just what Stannis thinks he is accomplishing.

But I will say that Dillane and Ingram really hit it out of the park with their acting.

• Like 2

I just down buy that the show properly set up Stannis to sacrifice Shireen.

Exactly. It is not the deed itself but how poorly it was prepared.

This way it seems like it was just another thing to continue the hype and serve those fascinated by the way the show handles violence (and sex).

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

I knew it I knew it I knew it, RE Shireen sacrifice. Will love to see the Stan fans defend that.

None of us defend it. It's impossible to support Show Stannis now. Even Tywin, Mr. Ends Justify Means Personified, wouldn't have gone that far.

Regarding Stannis, the way I see it, this is a man who has already been on the receiving end of a cruel siege. He has seen despair and death in the face so he knows the incredibly high stakes of battle.

Add to the fact that people around him, including his own wife, have been constantly harping on the notion that Shireen is "lesser" because she is scarred and not a son. Sure she was precious to Stannis, but subconsciously he had resigned to the belief that Shireen was not a worthy heir. He has also seen the Red Lady's advice reward him at what he believes to be every turn.

He killed his own brother. Is killing his own daughter that BIG a leap? 

I also believe that he hasn't yet recovered from Renly's death. This is a broken man, even if he would never admit it to his dying day. He probably is secretly wishing for death anyway.

Edited by Spidey Freak

Jeez, wtf?! I read the books its one of my favourite book series ever, but I can understand that an adaptation is an adapatation. This episode was one of the best in thbe series and I say that as a huge Dany fan (shes my fav character). The end scene was perfect. And there will be no backlash agains the show. Lol. This is the main reason why people watch GoT. 

• Like 1

Jeez, wtf?! I read the books its one of my favourite book series ever, but I can understand that an adaptation is an adapatation. This episode was one of the best in thbe series and I say that as a huge Dany fan (shes my fav character). The end scene was perfect. And there will be no backlash agains the show. Lol. This is the main reason why people watch GoT. 

O.o It was cheap, minimalistic, Disney-ish, not scary, with little 'wtfs' (like how can Jorah fight so much better than before, on the arena? Why nobody shot Dany with arrow/spear? Why unsulied suddenly can't fight, if they're basically terminators? How Drogon know exactly who to burn?), overoptimistic music, bad CGI (that flight...), and so on.... And despite all that it still wasn't awful, but it was far, far from being perfect.

O.o It was cheap, minimalistic, Disney-ish, not scary, with little 'wtfs' (like how can Jorah fight so much better than before, on the arena? Why nobody shot Dany with arrow/spear? Why unsulied suddenly can't fight, if they're basically terminators? How Drogon know exactly who to burn?), overoptimistic music, bad CGI (that flight...), and so on.... And despite all that it still wasn't awful, but it was far, far from being perfect.

Dude, I think this was perfect. I do. I dont care to overanalyze every little thing like you do for some stupid ass reason. And bad CGI? You gotta be kiddin me! And how did Drogon knew who to burn? He's not a freakin animal. Plus his connection to Dany, things you'd understand if you read the book or even pay attention to the TV show.

Edited by James
  • Like 1

If you read the reactions from Unsullied on Twitter, I guarantee you that you'll find 99 percent "OMG that was one of the best scenes ever."

• Like 1

People are dumb.

If your argument is predicated on the idea that people who don't read into things and like the same things that you do are dumb, then you might want to reevaluate your argument.

There already is a backlash it started with the sansa thing and now is continuing and using the unsullied to prove your point is lazy who honestly cares the second the next big thing comes the show will be forgotten like everything else the readers stick by it

There already is a backlash it started with the sansa thing and now is continuing and using the unsullied to prove your point is lazy who honestly cares the second the next big thing comes the show will be forgotten like everything else the readers stick by it

Considering that the Unsullied make up about 80 percent of the show's audience, I'm pretty sure appealing to them matters more.

• Like 1

Considering that the Unsullied make up about 80 percent of the show's audience, I'm pretty sure appealing to them matters more.

In the short term sure but the majority of the unsullied barely remember the characters names let alone the plot alienating your core most loyal audience is never a good idea. The unsullied will move on and forget the readers won't and if the show keeps giving middle fingers to those people it will suffer for it. Just remeber its the readers who started watching the show and sold it to all their friends and family