Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

tots random but is there a thread where we put meme and gifs so others can use in their posts, coz something i get frustrated looking for one that says what i feel 

i really really LMAO with the cat jumping off the wall and i'd hate to forget where i saw it 

That would be hilarious if the great gatsby won the weekend. IM3 would have to underperform and TGG would have to way over perform. So in all likelihood there will be a good 15 mil difference between the two.

I have to admit I was skeptical of how repeat business would be after seeing it a 2nd time last night. It just didn't hold up well for me on a repeat viewing. Unlike TA which was practically made for tons of viewings. That being said I'd hardly say 400 is out yet, Tuesday was still very good and we will no doubt get ridiculous Fri/Sat bumps since this is playing to a family audience.

400m is still happening guys. If it made 400k more yesterday, no one would be complaining. Unless a film is in true freefall mode, things tend to balance themselves out. Due to the harsher weekday drops, expect a better Friday % to make up for it. 150%+ is the goal IMO.

• Like 1

400m is still happening guys. If it made 400k more yesterday, no one would be complaining. Unless a film is in true freefall mode, things tend to balance themselves out. Due to the harsher weekday drops, expect a better Friday % to make up for it. 150%+ is the goal IMO.

Yeah I just looked and saw TA's first wednesday drop was exactly the same. And it didn't have a small Tuesday increase like this. So this should be fine. I'm guessing weekend is something like:

Thur: 7.8 (-4%)

Fri: 19.5 (+150%)

Sat: 30.5m (+56%)

Sun: 22m (-28%)

Weekend: 72m (-59%)

Edited by IronMan89

Even SM3 got 2.65x multiplier from its 2nd weekend. So as long as IM3 stays over 70m this weekend, 400m is well on track.If it misses 65m however, 400m will be in trouble.

You know?? It just occurred to me, but if the other movies this summer can't break 100M OW, Then really, this is a very lackluster summer outside of IM3.. Anyone else sort of feel like this or is it too soon to make the judgement??? :thinking: 

It's lackluster in terms of OWs, but some of that has more to do with big movies opening on Wednesdays or Thursdays. This summer should easily beat 2012's overall. And this is the first summer with 5 movies that have a real shot at 300m. Next summer is the suckfest in terms of box office. We may not even  get one 100m OW or one 300m grosser.

Edited by IronMan89

You know?? It just occurred to me, but if the other movies this summer can't break 100M OW, Then really, this is a very lackluster summer outside of IM3.. Anyone else sort of feel like this or is it too soon to make the judgement??? :thinking: 

Not really, since nobody really expects any other movie to break 100M over 3 days besides Iron Man 3 and Star Trek 2 (and now this moved to Thursday, so that ain't happening).

Edited by CJohn

Ok, I decided to do a Iron Man 3 vs Iron Man 2 daily comparison (because I am THAT big of a nerd). 

Fri:  Iron Man 3 was 34.4% ahead of Iron Man 2 (for that day)

Sat: Iron Man 3 was 36.03% ahead of Iron Man 2

Sun: Iron Man 3 was 38.3% ahead of Iron man 2

Mon: Iron Man 3 was 20.3% ahead of Iron Man 2

Tue: Iron Man 3 was 34.6% ahead of Iron Man 2

Wed: Iron Man 3 was 16.7% ahead of Iron Man 2

So Wed was only a mere 17% ahead of Iron Man 2's Wed.  That's pretty bad considering its Sat was almost 40% ahead of IM2.

If IM3's 2nd weekend is 16.7% ahead of IM2's second weekend, or in other words has the exact same inceases/decreases as that film for the next four days....it will only make 60.7M this weekend. A sub 65M 2nd weekend is almost assured IMO.  I don't care if this is acting like a "family" film, these weekday numbers aren't very good considering that enormous OW. 

Edited by Mr Potter
  • Like 1

Ok, I decided to do a Iron Man 3 vs Iron Man 2 daily comparison (because I am THAT big of a nerd). Fri:  Iron Man 3 was 34.4% ahead of Iron Man 2Sat: Iron Man 3 was 36.03% ahead of Iron Man 2Sun: Iron Man 3 was 38.3% ahead of Iron man 2Mon: Iron Man 3 was 20.3% ahead of Iron Man 2Tue: Iron Man 3 was 34.6% ahead of Iron Man 2Wed: Iron Man 3 was 16.7% ahead of Iron Man 2 So Wed was only a mere 17% ahead of Iron Man 2's Wed.  That's pretty bad considering its Sat was almost 40% ahead of IM2. If IM3's 2nd weekend is 16.7% ahead of IM2's second weekend, or in other words has the exact same inceases/decreases as that film for the next four days....it will only make 60.7M this weekend. A sub 65M 2nd weekend is almost assured IMO.  I don't care if this is acting like a "family" film, these weekday numbers aren't very good considering that enormous OW.

Your numbers show it is a family film. If its playing a lot better on weekends, it's definitely appealing more to families.Either that or people are just choosing to see it on weekends.

Your numbers show it is a family film. If its playing a lot better on weekends, it's definitely appealing more to families.Either that or people are just choosing to see it on weekends.

I'm comparing it to Iron Man 2.  Why would IM3 be more family friendly than IM2?  IT'S THE SAME FRANCHISE, released on the same weekend of the year! These number show that IM3 is far more frontloaded than its previous installment.

Edited by Mr Potter
  • Like 1

Am I the only one that noticed "Wednesday" misspelled in the title? Or are we all just too busy freaking out about this flop?

No, aDIM made joke about it and I noticed it too but who cares when we're having an epic meltdown.  ;)  :P