Neo

Wednesday #'s (IM3 - 8.1M) (let the meltdown begin) 200M in 6 days!

This is devastating. I can't imagine how they must be feeling at Marvel Studios.

Posted Image

This for real!

Really, people were expecting 15m weekdays and a +80m 2nd weekend? Stop jumping on the effing hype train as soon as a movie posts some good numbers. This ain't TA2! :angry:

Edited by The Stingray

Comparison with Avengers:

Weekend

Avengers - $207.4m

IM3 - $174.1m (83.94% of Avengers)

Weekdays through Wednesday

Avengers - $50.2m

IM3 - $30.7M (61.15% of Avengers)

Flop territory obviously 

It think after this weekend IM3 will have a 10 day gross somewhere between DHP2 and TDKR. Likely just short of TDKR's $287M ten day take. So... Likely still in line to edge out DMC's $423M D.

Hard to compare July release patterns with May releases.

• Like 1

The only meltdown happening in here are from people afraid that IM3 will win the year domestically which is resulting in insane over-predictions for Star Trek 2 and CF.

Trek, yes but CF, no. It has every chance to outgross IM3 domestically.

The only meltdown happening in here are from people afraid that IM3 will win the year domestically which is resulting in insane over-predictions for Star Trek 2 and CF.

People think the box office is some form of ultimate justice or something.

2012 was suppose to be the year of Batman and then some light hearted fun film called TA made 1.5 billion and then people threw out all box office logic out the window suggesting a 200 million opening in 2D was easy as nothing.

No matter what TA did, Batman had to win 2012...

The box office does not work that way, my friends.

• Like 2

This for real!

Really, people were expecting 15m weekdays and a +80m 2nd weekend. Stop jumping on the effing hype train as soon as a movie posts some good numbers. This ain't TA2! :angry:

You're no fun  :P

TA2 looks to fall from TA1's OW now with this IM3 fiasco  :(

What are these people afraid of. lol

Isn't that what many expected...to win this summer?

The meltdown happening here are from people who are nervous that this might not win summer.

• Like 1

Sam, I just noticed that you have Roger Federer as your avatar. Very cool! I thought it was Downey at first.

Yeah, it's RF, I'm a big fan of him :D Such a legend :wub: