#ED

Weekend Estimates - (BO.com forums <3 RTH)

So Iron Man 3's "A" cinema-score and 83% audience on RT and 7.8 IMDB rating thus far isn't good? Or is mixed? But, Gatsby's lesser rating almost across the board is good?

They are showing us what's called being biased.

and next week it gets harder for Gatsby, as Star Trek will be more of a draw in its Week #1????

Iron Man will be the one that suffers the most next week.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Iron Man 3 is getting decent word of mouth but nothing spectacular. Iron Man 3 was very lucky to be  coming right on the heels of the Avengers

Posted Image

• Like 5

The fact that Gatsby is even in this is proof that WOM may be mixed for IM3.  That huge OW, it should be blowing Gatsby away.  Just like Last year's Avengers killed Dark Shadows.  But I have to give Gatsby props, it's great counter programming for Females.  Females like RDJ and Gwenth but "IM3" is still a male driven film.  Gatsby give females something to watch at the start of the summer.  Throw in a great cast and cool visuals.  As well as making it in 3D which is rare for dramatic features.  

"IM3" already has a great box office run locked up but the reception in my opinion is very mixed.  I think the Twist was too polarizing.  It's OW has to do with the fact it's coming off "The Avengers".  That was clearly an Avengers Effect because of the love of that film carried over to people being hugely interested it seeing IM again. Also they marketed as this huge Showdown with Tony and his Arch-nemesis The Manderin. So Props to Gatsby, the critics may be mixed but the audience clearly liked it.  

I'm one of Gatsby's biggest supporters, and I wasn't too fond of IM3, but I don't think this is true. Gatsby is doing so well because of fantastic buzz and marketing. It really has nothing to do with IM3's word of mouth. If Gatsby had the same buzz and marketing coming out after Avengers, it still would have been a huge hit. Dark Shadows it is not. IM3's WOM is great outside the Internet, no matter how disappointed I and others on this board alone were. 

• Like 5

Funny how people are calling im3 second weekend a catastrophe when its 2nd weekemd will probably be #4-6 by the end of the weekend. And I doubt any movie this summer will have as good as a second weekend as this.

• Like 1

When the dust settles, the haters were right about IM3's 2nd weekend/. Barring a crazy Sat jump.

Wtach out then. It's going to jump up to $30M on Saturday and it'll still hit $70M for the weekend.

Haters will not be right.

Funny how people are calling im3 second weekend a catastrophe when its 2nd weekemd will probably be #4-6 by the end of the weekend. And I doubt any movie this summer will have as good as a second weekend as this.

I think people just had big expectations once it opened up to 174M.

People were expected 300M by tomorrow and 500M total.

Who was expecting 500M?

Only BKB expects 500M. And everyone knows he's trolling.

Who was expecting 500M?

A lot of people, no specific answer to that :lol:

I did just get the news IM3 had a 71% drop on Friday. JESUS CHRIST! On par with IM2. This weekend was it's only chance at a good drop compared to the truckload of competition in the next few weeks. Now it should do IM2 legs at best, or worse.