filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

Why is that surprising? What Trek has done better?Trek 2009 opened at 7pm, wide. With in my town shows at 7,8,9, 10 and then midnight.This time only midnight and one extra showing in IMAX.That's a hell of a lot of showings that 2009 had that this one didn't.

• Like 1

There wasn't even midnight showings in 2D in a few theaters near me- they were all at 12:30, with the 3D being at midnight. It's very tough for a largely adult audience to see a movie at 12:30 on a Wednesday night. I didn't see any 9 or 10 showings, except one theater that had the fan sneaks. 

• Like 1

She definitely does exist though.

When Brett Easton Ellis posted on Twitter about being her neighbor, she called up his agent and berated his assistant until she was in tears :rofl: :rofl:

Fishnets is Nikke. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Edited by druv10

And remember in 2009 all those extra showings were originally reported as 4 million in sales. Causing a bit of an uproar about pushing the numbers around after finals for the weekend came out.And of course it was a thursday not Wednesday.

There wasn't even midnight showings in 2D in a few theaters near me- they were all at 12:30, with the 3D being at midnight. It's very tough for a largely adult audience to see a movie at 12:30 on a Wednesday night. I didn't see any 9 or 10 showings, except one theater that had the fan sneaks. 

Just wait until Friday. These numbers are low. There's no denying it.  Weekend will determine everything.

• Like 3

THURSDAY 9 AM UPDATEStill more good news at the start of the Summer 2013 box office as May continues to sizzle at the box office. Star Trek Into Darkness from Paramount Pictures, Skydance and J.J. Abrams’ Bad Robot is estimated to have earned $2M total from Wednesday late show pre-midnight gross, primarily from IMAX 3D showings, and $1.25M in Thursday midnight showings. On Wednesday, 336 IMAX locations began screening at 8 PMpm. The film opens wide in approximately 3,800 locations today, a day earlier than previously planned. The budget was a costly $190M but the studio is predicting a 3-day weekend domestic estimate of $80M and 4-day estimate of $100M. Right now Star Trek Into Darkness is running around 80% of Fandango’s ticket sales today while 75% of yesterday’s sales on MovieTickets.com came from STID.

‘Star Trek Into Darkness’ 3D Opens To $3.25M Late Night And IMAX; Predictions For 3-Day $80M/4-Day $100M
  • Like 1

We were just playing around. I thought people should know by now it's a BO thing. As for serious haters, which movies don't have at least one. It's all part of the fun. Well, for me al least :D

• Like 1