filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

My sources say Star Trek Into Darkness from Paramount Pictures, Skydance Productions, and director J.J. Abrams‘ Bad Robot began its domestic run in 3,762 theaters with at least $14 million including $3.5M in Thursday midnights and Wednesday 336 IMAX late shows.

So basically a $10.5m Thursday... that's pretty fecking terrible, yes?

That's.....that's....I have no words.

• Like 1

I dislike the roller coaster attitude of this place but for whatever reason I can't still look away.

Many people didn't know it was coming out on Thursday. Shit, I didn't even realize it and I think I'm pretty up-to-date with this kind of stuff (they've moved it back and forth that I stopped keeping track).

It's not unreasonable to suspect Nikki's "14M including midnights" actually does not include midnights.  She seems prone to these sorts of mistakes.

Not this late in the day.  At night, sure, but not the next morning.

lets the damage control begin. Poeple didn`t know it`s coming out on Thursday. How about, people didn`t know ST is coming out cause the focus of the marketing was on the villain not on the iconic crew.

• Like 2

I never cared enough about Trek to make any predictions, but the trailer was effective and reviews are good. What Went Wrong may be premature right now, but Paramount will be biting their nails all through the weekend.

I never cared enough about Trek to make any predictions, but the trailer was effective and reviews are good. What Went Wrong may be premature right now, but Paramount will be biting their nails all through the weekend.

It`s facing FF6 and Hangover 3 next week. They`ll bite more thna just nails - few exec heads.

Interesting times.

But isn't there a possibility the film jump by 80-90% on Friday?

Edit: Just went through the pages and the figures on the thread. 80% increase won't be enough.

Edited by Deathlife

Humongous disappointment for sure. If friday does not increase to 25M(that looks tough to me) we can say it will end up as biggest disappointment of the year and one of the biggest in past couple of years.

Gatsby has beaten IM3 again. Crazy considering how big the weekend difference was. Today IM3 will comfortably beat Gatsby and tomorrow it will crush it.