filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

That has to be the new Nikki meme

I mean, how could it not be?  :wub:

LOL

Well technically. She just quoted it. She didn't say it.

But the fact she did a lengthy write-up on a $15k box office win on a Wednesday is :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by aDIM
  • Like 3

But how does it hurt the movie? Even if people aren't very aware of the Thursday opening, they'll be there on the weekend.

It doesn't hurt it, because it will still do well over the weekend; but if it wasn't going to do anything to help the movie, then what was the point? They should have just left it the way it was.

I wander how many people think that there's going to be midnights tonight.

OMFG :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah the adaptation of a popular bookn its 1st week of release makes fractionally more than popular superhero in its 2nd week of release. It's gonna be Titanic, Avatar, Avengers and the time TGG make $100,000 more than IM3. FLOP.

Edited by Bumblebee

Because studios don't care if it makes 100 mill over 4 days like we do.  They don't care about records and such.  They care about making as much money as possible over the first few days and this extra 3.25 mill is money that they might not6 of had.  from Wed to Sun, they will make more than 100 mill, it just means they went a different way of getting it.

B, you know I know why they did it. I've been following box office long enough to know that. I just think it was stupid for them to did it so late. That 3.25m is nothing. They would have easily made that up during the weekend.

• Like 1

What the hell was the point of changing the release date in the first place, exactly? Stupid, stupid choice. At least it made since for Hangover. Anyway, as been said already, but we can't judge Trek until Friday

It's pretty simple: Paramount saw the bloodshed that was going to occur over Memorial Day weekend and they wanted an extra day for business and for (presumably) good word-of-mouth to spread. 

• Like 3