filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

Really don't think the general population was aware about STID opening at midnight.  And again, we can't forget these were ACTUAL midnights, not 10 PM.  On a work week, getting out of a movie at midnight or 2AM is a big difference.  Honestly I had forgotten that Paramount pushed the release up a day so I'm not putting much stock in that number.  Still think 90-100 million 3 day is within reach.

Really don't think the general population was aware about STID opening at midnight.  And again, we can't forget these were ACTUAL midnights, not 10 PM.  On a work week, getting out of a movie at midnight or 2AM is a big difference.  Honestly I had forgotten that Paramount pushed the release up a day so I'm not putting much stock in that number.  Still think 90-100 million 3 day is within reach.

I doubt that. For 4 day though, entirely possible.

To commemorate Trek's opening day (and to set up a thread full of "pick your favorite trailers!"), here's Trek '09's final trailer, which I watched like three times this morning. It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. 

• Like 5

To commemorate Trek's opening day (and to set up a thread full of "pick your favorite trailers!"), here's Trek '09's final trailer, which I watched like three times this morning. It's one of the best trailers I've ever seen. 

It is THE best trailer of all time. 

• Like 1

Even if it’s only for one night, an adaptation of a 90-year-old novel toppled fanboy favorite Iron Man 3 as the #1 film in America Wednesday. Baz Lurhmann’s The Great Gatsby starring Leonardo DiCaprio became the top grossing film in North America with $3.9M from 3,535 theaters vs Iron Man’s $3.85M from 4,253 theaters, according to Warner Bros which co-financed with Village Roadshow and is distributing worldwide. Gatsby‘s 6-day cume is now $63.3M. “It’s a stunning box office upset for the ages,” one exec gushed to me this morning. On the other hand, Disney/Marvel’sIron Man 3 opened a week earlier in the U.S. and three weeks earlier overseas and should pass $1 billion in worldwide gross today and $300 million in North America. Its cumulative performance to date is international $691.9M and domestic $298.6M for a global total of $990.5M. Iron Man 3 is now the 2nd highest grossing superhero movie of all time, behind Marvel’s The Avengers and currently stands as the #11 highest grossing film of all time in the international marketplace. By country: China $102.4M, Korea $55.6M, United Kingdom $49.7M, Mexico $43.6M, Russia $40.2M, Brazil $39.0M, France $36.4M, Australia $33.7M, Japan $21.4M, Italy $19.8M, Taiwan $18.4M, Germany $18.4M, Indonesia $14.6M, Philippines $14.3M, Hong Kong $13.1M, other markets $171.4M.

‘Great Gatsby’ Upsets ‘Iron Man 3′ Box Office

LMAO Nikki went in on Iron Man 3. You know she had this prepared in advance waiting for the day she could post it, lol. Did she even mention Star Trek's midnights? She's usually first to post midnight numbers.

• Like 2