filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

so we went from ST "flopping" to Gatsby beating IM3 to...girls on a stick and cats on sandwiches? i missed something somewhere

You forgot Leo masturbating, that is a fine subject  :)

• Like 2

The studio and co-financier Skydance Productions spent $190 million to make the new film -- at least $40 million more than on the last one. The movie's budget was so much higher because unlike the 2009 film, "Into Darkness" was converted to 3-D in post-production.

The 3D conversion cost 40M???

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-box-office-star-trek-darkness-20130515,0,6956581.story

The thing about releasing it early, early is Thursday.  Earlier, which most people don't know about, is Wed at 8pm.  Who the heck is going to know that unless you really follow box office trends?  Today is the real first day and the midnights/early shows are just bonus.

Remember in 2008 with IJATKOTCS?  People (including me) freaked out over a "soft" Thursday of 25 mill but it still did 125 mill for the 4 day.  Now I realize that was Memorial weekend, but still, it did really well after the meltdown on its first day.  I don't think STiD will do nearly as well, but this midnight number really means nothing.

• Like 1

yea, that's a crock.  I read that Clash of the Titans post 3D cost about 15 mill.  Why would this cost that much more?