filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

I thought most of the marketing was really good

HOWEVER, I've always felt it was a mistake to hide the fact that

Cumberbatch was playing Khan

What good did that do the movie?

Yeah, I'm not sure that was a good decision.

• Like 1

I thought most of the marketing was really good

HOWEVER, I've always felt it was a mistake to hide the fact that

Cumberbatch was playing Khan

What good did that do the movie?

True, that's the only fault one could make with the marketing. It wasn't a surprise anyways, so why try to pull it off as one?

No.

Most people disagree with you, but you are of course allowed to have your own opinion. And you're certainly not alone in that opinion either.

Regadrdless, IM3 is going to be the 5th biggest movie of all time, and its safe to say that far more people loved it than were turned off by the twist.

Most people disagree with you, but you are of course allowed to have your own opinion. And you're certainly not alone in that opinion either.

Regadrdless, IM3 is going to be the 5th biggest movie of all time, and its safe to say that far more people loved it than were turned off by the twist.

So again, Box office equals qualitY? SM3 was once in the top ten grossing films worldwide too....

Who cares about the twist. I liked it, actually. That's the least of its problems.

If Trek disapoints, a blame should be put on the over predictions and the release date.

Predictions were understandable though, STXI was a well-received movie that had great legs, and STID added 3D too.

So again, Box office equals qualitY? SM3 was once in the top ten grossing films worldwide too....

Isn't the argument that TDKR was a smashing success due to its boxoffice  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:

Just being a troll sorry. 

If Trek disapoints, a blame should be put on the over predictions and the release date. Marketing has been good in general, but it didn't generate much buzz.

Marketing wasn't a problem but they should have released it in 2012 on MD weekend but it could still rebound over the weekend so doom and gloom is premature.  

So again, Box office equals qualitY?

Of course not. The reviews and the WOM tell you all you need to know about IM3's quality. A lot of poeple hated it and got really fanboy butthurt over the twist, but the overwhelming majority of the GA has reacted very positively to it.

• Like 2

Khan is no Joker. To the GA it wouldn't make much difference.

No one is the Joker. There's Joker and Darth Vader and then there's everyone else.

Khan is certainly a name that most people would strongly associate with this franchise, and recognize. Before the reboot (I hadn't seen any Star Trek), I could've told you who Kirk, Spock, Khan and Picard were. That's it

Predictions were understandable though, STXI was a well-received movie that had great legs, and STID added 3D too.

$350M and $400M were understandable? Spider Man, minus 3D, was in the same boat, and SM2 decreased.

No. It just isn`t frontloaded like Thursaday (former Midnight) wonders.

Yeah, in no way shape or form are any specific numbers locked in for Friday and Saturday for STID. Anything could still happen at this point.

Before the reboot (I hadn't seen any Star Trek), I could've told you who Kirk, Spock, Khan and Picard were. That's it

Really? I doubt that applies to many people. They know Kirk and Spock but not Khan.