filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

ST: TMP adjusts to $260m in 2013 dollars.

ST II: TWOK adjusts to $213m.

ST IV: TVH adjusts to $229m.

ST09 adjusts to $274m.

That's a fairly strong indicator that the ST audience is somewhere around $250-300m, with no indicator (as of yet) that it can dramatically expand past that.

ST: TMP adjusts to $260m in 2013 dollars.

ST II: TWOK adjusts to $213m.

ST IV: TVH adjusts to $229m.

ST09 adjusts to $274m.

That's a fairly strong indicator that the ST audience is somewhere around $250-300m, with no indicator (as of yet) that it can dramatically expand past that.

I had no idea it was so fucking consistent. :lol: 

• Like 2

@giteshpandya: Source puts #StarTrek at reaching about $15M THU, just a bit better than Terminator4 which also opened on a May THU.: /

Guru is never right, lol.

• Like 1

I thought low end was 17m?

For some reason, I'm thinking Gitesh's "source" isn't including midnights/sneaks.

His T4 reference is a bit off too: it had a $13.4m Thursday, not $15m, and that included its midnights/sneaks (Thurs alone was around $10m).

Edited by Telemachos

BOM's reporting 2 million for Wednesday gross, if we add 2 to the 15 that Gitesh is saying we get the 17 that rth was saying as the low range including midnights. 

Geez, 48 pages! I sure missed a lot today. So I take it everyone was freaking out about that midnight number. The writing was kinda on the wall this wasn't gonna have an explosive opening but rather a balanced one. I'll wait to see how this does over the weekend before writing its death certificate but I would say this is still underwhelming.

Rth's post earlier

Without delving too much into it thu looking atm like 17-20m depending on evenings, that would include midnight etc. should be ableo to update later maybe couple time will see.