filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (05/15)(Trek 3.25M early IMAX+midnts, GG 3.9, IM3 3.8)

It's entirely possible that people just didn't know it was coming out today. Well I hope they didn't know at least.

Lets hope so...

a 100% increase today would say yes to your question

• Like 1

It's entirely possible that people just didn't know it was coming out today. Well I hope they didn't know at least.

That was the case with TF3. If I recall correctly the release date was changed about 2 weeks prior too.

I hope it has a great Friday bump.

There's no reason why a well reviewed-3D-sequel of a 2D-universal acclaimed movie should not outgross its predecessor, at least in its OW.

Tomorrow we will have a better idea.

I hope it has a great Friday bump.

There's no reason why a well reviewed-3D-sequel of a 2D-universal acclaimed movie should not outgross its predecessor, at least in its OW.

Tomorrow we will have a better idea.

Kung Fu Panda 2 didn't...

Saying that, I think it'll rebound Friday.

• Like 1

Kung Fu Panda 2 didn't...

Saying that, I think it'll rebound Friday.

Well, KFP2 looked like a "random DW animated movie", ST2 honestly looked better than IM3 and FF6, IMO. Spots and trailers were absolutely amazing.

Ok, maybe I'm just arguing that black is white  :P

Edited by Filmovie

I really beleive that if it doesn't recover that well this weekend, it's mainly because of competition and money constraints from the average consumer.  The GA has to select which movie to sacrifice between several monthly options.

Not every single person could afford $100 to $150 monthly to watch every single most anticipated sequel of this particuliar month and the GA may even be more selective if it had to decide between STID, F6 and HGIII.

Edited by Ent
  • Like 3

I really beleive that if it doesn't recover that well this weekend, it's mainly because of competition and money constraints from the average consumer.  The GA has to select which movie to sacrifice between several monthly options.

Yes, this would be the only possible explanation.

If a movie is irresistible, money really is no object. If STID does less than 80m 4 Day, the blame will rest squarely on Paramount's shoulders for its inability to capitalize on what should have been a cash cow.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

If what Nikki is reporting is true, it made 12m on its OD. The Phantom Menace made 12m on the same Thursday in 1999, after burning off nearly 30m on Wed. If STID follows TPM from there, it will make 76m for the 4 day. I know TPM came out in a totally different era, but I can't find one good example for STID other than Shrek 2. And trust me, Trek ain't no Shrek. ;)

The only hope now is if Paramount sucked so bad at marketing this that they didn't get the word out it was opening on Thu.

• Like 2