baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

I think either MU or Despicable Me 2 should factor into the top 4 somehow. Or maybe the hobbit. I know you'd all love that.

Probably, but just let us have our moment

Edited by Chewy

While IM3 and Catching Fire seems like the obvious battle, I really think DM2 might have a better chance at winning the year than most people give it credit for. I don't think it will, but I wouldn't be STUNNED if it did. 

• Like 1

Probably, post-Avengers.I'm still crossing my fingers on MOS, the tracking looks too good to be true...

The trailers are fabulous so the tracking looks pretty spot-on IMO

As for the date change, I do think it was late, but that can't be a full excuse or a scapegoat for that number. The tv spots, that have been in full force, including the acer and Shatner commercial flashed "May 16" or "this Thursday" enough that people should know. Also, Trek is big with the internet crowd. Also with internet ads and banners and forums and bloggers and twitter and WOM from friends - people would have seen the change. It's possible some people wanted to wait till Friday anyway, like I would do if I was going, but I think the change was aware for the most part. It should do better today, but don't inflate expectations again over an "error" on Paramounts part.

Edited by jandrew

It is not like we are still in the 1990s or 2000s that most people have no idea when a movie is coming out. They should know it even when the date is bumped.

I still think people are mostly oblivious to it. Movies tend to open on Fridays and unless it's heavily advertised otherwise, they'll just show up on Friday.
  • Like 2

Probably, post-Avengers. I'm still crossing my fingers on MOS, the tracking looks too good to be true...

I believe MoS will open up like all other reboots + 3D(70M - 90M)But what I want it to open up to is 125M. :)