baumer

Thurs Numbers STID 11.4 GG 3.4 IM3 3.3

Again, subjective. SUBJECTIVE. I love Shane Black's work, I always have. IM3 plays better as a sequel to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang than either IM2 or Avengers. And I love that James Gunn and Edgar Wright are about to be given the reigns to gigantic projects that will still feel like James Gunn and Edgar Wright movies.

Harrumph, harrumph, harrumph... Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

Only the pristine with the right TASTE saw through the sham that was The Avengers and knew that the other 200m superhero movie was TRULY (rolling the Rs) the BEST.

LOL

Watching both is one thing. Which did the discerning ones like better?

Let's ask them, but make sure not to ask the tasteless ones. Should be easy to tell them apart

• Like 1

Only the pristine with the right TASTE saw through the sham that was The Avengers and knew that the other 200m superhero movie was TRULY (rolling the Rs) the BEST.

TA was enormously fun and loaded with re-watchable charisma, lines, chemistry and interaction. It also had isnanely hot villain who attracted women unlike that other 200M movie starring Mumbles.

• Like 1

You know we have all these reasons why it didn't do well yesterday.  People didn't know it opened yesterday.  Too long in between films.  Nobody knows who Cumberbatch is.  How about a simple one?  Most people decided to not go see the film yesterday.

This. 

STiD is my most anticipated movie of the year, I'm old enough to have seen Wrath of Khan when it was released, and am a pretty huge Trek fan.  So a big group of us are going to see it Saturday because that's the only day we could manage it and we bought tickets before the release date changed.

I'm the target demographic and didn't see it yesterday.  Big deal.  I'll probably still see it twice this weekend.

lol, Leatherface having an epic meltdown.  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: Epicness will continue when Thor:TDW bludgeons STID.  :wub:  :wub:

The first Thor was one of the better Marvel movies because the director was actually something of an auteur. So what do they do? Go and get an unknown who can be bullied with ease.

There was just enough and the movie was in no way kid friendly while The Avengers was neutered so even a 6 year old could enjoy it 

I too am OUTRAGED that they made a movie 6 year olds can enjoy. How? Dare? They? Genre movies should only be enjoyed by males aged 14-30 :rofl:  :wub:

• Like 1

Very disappointed.Maybe Pararmount should have cut a deal and slapped a Marvel logo in front of this.I'm not the biggest Marvel cheerleader but those guys are full (at the moment) of so much win that its not funny anymore.

• Like 1

I too am OUTRAGED that they made a movie 6 year olds can enjoy. How? Dare? They? Genre movies should only be enjoyed by males aged 14-30 :rofl:  :wub:

God forbid they make a smart movie as opposed to one so dumbed-down that six year olds can follow it.

• Like 1

Obviously it needs to be a three year wait. God.

Of course. Cause against Avengers it's box office would be A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 400M OW. Let's be serious. It'll make more this year, with the extra 1 year wait in which apparently people have been obliviated of this movie, than it would ever make against Vengies.